Bird Thread

For UUblue, Itchy and Sratctchy are still on Mull seen then last year. Give my regards to the people of that beautiful isle.

big gaz said:
For UUblue, Itchy and Sratctchy are still on Mull seen then last year. Give my regards to the people of that beautiful isle.

Thanks Big Gaz. 9 days to go, and we are excited. We are spending a week on Mull and a week on Iona this year. Looking forward to wildlife trips, sea fishing, some bird watching, and walking. We have previously seen the eagles, plenty of other birds, otters, dolphins, basking sharks, minks. We haven't seen puffins though, so one year we intend to pay a visit in the spring season.

It is a beautiful part of the world, and I can recommend it to all, especially those who appreciate the quiet life, the great outdoors, or wildlife.

TangerineSteve17 said:
This is almost on topic. But we've been given a parrot type thing to mind and a few fish in a tank for a few weeks while the owners are on holiday. This bird has been in a cage for most of it's life. It doesn't get let out. I look it and think is there anything crueler than locking something up with wings in a small cage on it's own for it's entire life.
Don't let it out ffs, I let my African Grey out last week and it flew off out of the back door :-/

southstand117 said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
This is almost on topic. But we've been given a parrot type thing to mind and a few fish in a tank for a few weeks while the owners are on holiday. This bird has been in a cage for most of it's life. It doesn't get let out. I look it and think is there anything crueler than locking something up with wings in a small cage on it's own for it's entire life.
Don't let it out ffs, I let my African Grey out last week and it flew off out of the back door :-/

Oh dear, you missed the end of his story - he found the parrot lying on it's back with it's feet up in the air, it wasn't having a nap :(

BlueBearBoots said:
southstand117 said:
TangerineSteve17 said:

Oh dear, you missed the end of his story - he found the parrot lying on it's back with it's feet up in the air, it wasn't having a nap :(

But it had beautiful plumage

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218[/video]

Someone had to.

Back on topic when I go to see my mum in the Scottish Borders she always feeds the birds and you see all sorts. If she was late one of the local pheasants (the stupidest creature on God's green earth, even worse than a Un*t*d fan) would bang on the window to tell her she was late.

UUBlue said:
big gaz said:

Thanks Big Gaz. 9 days to go, and we are excited. We are spending a week on Mull and a week on Iona this year. Looking forward to wildlife trips, sea fishing, some bird watching, and walking. We have previously seen the eagles, plenty of other birds, otters, dolphins, basking sharks, minks. We haven't seen puffins though, so one year we intend to pay a visit in the spring season.

It is a beautiful part of the world, and I can recommend it to all, especially those who appreciate the quiet life, the great outdoors, or wildlife.

It sounds great!!! Do you go camping or stay in a BB. Hotel?

BlueBearBoots said:
UUBlue said:
big gaz said:

It sounds great!!! Do you go camping or stay in a BB. Hotel?

You can camp there. There are a couple of sites, one with some static caravans for a reasonably cheap holiday. There are a few places you can camp wild, beside the sea (Calgary Bay for instance), legally and free of charge. We tend to stay in holiday cottages, for that extra comfort in case it rains a lot. There are also loads of hotels and B&Bs.

Tobermory is the main place to stay. If you have kids, you will no doubt be familiar with Balamory, which was made in Tobermory.

Update.

The owners were fine about the dead bird by the way, in fact, they've been back off their holiday for well over a week now, and when I asked my son he said the budgie is still in the freezer. Obviously not that emotionally attached then. I was worrying for nothing :)

There has been a wood pigeon nest on the tree outside the window of my flat for a few weeks. I live on the second floor so the nest has been at eye level.

Got to admit it has been fascinating watching the two parents do shifts in looking after the eggs etc, and the magpies trying their luck in stealing the eggs (there was a bit of a scrap one day but the magpie did one pretty quick) There are now 2 little ones who have quickly become quite big and keep flapping their wings.

Never seen stuff like this before and can't wait to see the fledglings finally try to fly ;-)

TangerineSteve17 said:
Update.

The owners were fine about the dead bird by the way, in fact, they've been back off their holiday for well over a week now, and when I asked my son he said the budgie is still in the freezer. Obviously not that emotionally attached then. I was worrying for nothing :)

Lol omg :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.