Bird Thread

UUBlue said:
BlueBearBoots said:
UUBlue said:
Thanks Big Gaz. 9 days to go, and we are excited. We are spending a week on Mull and a week on Iona this year. Looking forward to wildlife trips, sea fishing, some bird watching, and walking. We have previously seen the eagles, plenty of other birds, otters, dolphins, basking sharks, minks. We haven't seen puffins though, so one year we intend to pay a visit in the spring season.

It is a beautiful part of the world, and I can recommend it to all, especially those who appreciate the quiet life, the great outdoors, or wildlife.

It sounds great!!! Do you go camping or stay in a BB. Hotel?

You can camp there. There are a couple of sites, one with some static caravans for a reasonably cheap holiday. There are a few places you can camp wild, beside the sea (Calgary Bay for instance), legally and free of charge. We tend to stay in holiday cottages, for that extra comfort in case it rains a lot. There are also loads of hotels and B&Bs.

Tobermory is the main place to stay. If you have kids, you will no doubt be familiar with Balamory, which was made in Tobermory.

Thanks kids all grown up but it sounds great going to look into it. Thanks again for all the interesting stuff posted makes it sound a great place !!

Not a birder, or an "'Arry Redknapp" as we call the here in Blighty, bit over the last few years I've been fucking astounded at the sheer volume of buzzards in our skies. Prior to 2010 I don't think I'd ever really noticed them however since then it's as though there has been a breed and release policy! The beautiful fuckers are everywhere.

Walking through Reddish Vale yesterday heard a couple of woodpeckers for the first time ever. Was mightily uplifted by it.

There are quite a few different kinds of woodpeckers around here, I've got a northern flicker ( big woodpecker) nesting near me and a regular visitor to my bird feeder which I have attached to my window sill, beautiful birds

Given our urban location I imagine these buggers were common or garden ones or whatever the term is but honestly, was proper buzzing after hearing them.

UUBlue said:
My wife got a picture of a tiny kingfisher, at Lymm Dam last week.
Kingfishers are amazing. Stunning colours. I went fishing one morning when I was about 14. The sky was an orange glow, the pond I was fishing was like a sheet of glass with mist rising from it and about two minutes after casting at about 6:00 in the morning, I kid you know a kingfisher sat on the tip of my fishing rod for a short while and then fucked off.

I daren't have breathed whilst it were there, truly one of the most spectacular things to have happened to me (City, marriage and kids notwithstanding of course).

Loads of Redtail Hawks in the area by me. Also, am told a few Bald Eagles live down along the river. I can't vouch for "a few". But I have seen one!!! It is a majestic bird for sure.

better dead than red said:
Loads of Redtail Hawks in the area by me. Also, am told a few Bald Eagles live down along the river. I can't vouch for "a few". But I have seen one!!! It is a majestic bird for sure.

I was up in Alaska a few years ago and the locals called Bald Eagles `shit hawks', there were literally hundreds of them hanging around the dock and the fishing boats waiting for all the catch cleanings

In the wild they are beautiful, but like everything else they have to eat to live

pantalon violet again said:
idahoblues said:
better dead than red said:

I was up in Alaska a few years ago and the locals called Bald Eagles `shit hawks', there were literally hundreds of them hanging around the dock and the fishing boats waiting for all the catch cleanings

In the wild they are beautiful, but like everything else they have to eat to live

That's fuck all
I had 2 sparrows squabbling over some bread in the garden this morning

Beauty defined , nature at its best
Fuck your comb over eagles

proof that a comb over works anywhere, babes love that shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.