Bit of Update (Updated Page 10)

Re: Bit of Update

Just offer Villa more money, even if he chooses Spurs let's make them pay over the odds like we did with Berbaflop for the rags.

I think that is what the meetings were about to prevent over inflating transfer market in exchange for confidentiality clauses etc.

There isn't a chance Spurs will offer anything over 60k a week for Gareth Barry. I don't know what he's currently on at Aston Villa, but it would either be very similar or a step down in wages at Spurs. The only thing that they have going for them is the Spurs stripe through the family. They all have season tickets at White Hart Lane and Barry was a huge fan as a child and would jump at the chance to join them - That's if no other club was also on the scene! City finished the season lower than Spurs, but the expectations next season will be absolutely huge. Whether Barry wants to scrap for his position every week is another thing, as I'm pretty sure Hughes and co wont stop there with midfield recruits.
One thing is for certain, Villa fans are absolutely furious that Barry is even considering leaving the club for a team not even in European competition next season. They feel he is being driven by money rather than success and ambition after claiming he would only leave for a club in the Champions League. As for Tevez, that signing could really rock the foundations of the club down the road! Mercinaries? Possibly, but football is evolving every single day into something that could well destroy the beautiful game. Money is becoming far more important for some people, and a lot of folk will think rightly so.

if barie was to come to us it would be a step backwards from villa.....they are on the verge of challenging the big 4 (along with everton)....it may take us another season at least to be in that position.

good player and just what we need but surely he would go to liverpool or arsenal......and no matter what money we offer if a player doesnt want to be here then there is nothing we can do....

I disagree Simon23. I think if we sign the right players we can get the top four position.

Villa - Rely heavily on Ashley Young and Gabby Agbonlahor. Without Barry wouldn't get the service?

Everton - If we take Lescott they won't be as clever in defence and they rely heavily on Yak and Arteta.

A few injuries to key personnel and we're in a much better position than them. On top of that our squad will be a lot, lot fresher than theres as they'll be involved in Europa League thus increasing the chances of injuries taken from that competition aswell on top of the obvious fatigue / burn out aspect through amount of games played.

If the owners are serious about us going places and being success then they'll make things happen. Positive results for us is positive PR for them which they'll love. These are used to the best and that's what they'll make us long-term!!

hasn't zirkhov's agent come out and said he has agreed to sign for Chelsea? as for Barry, just what we need, England International,Prem experience, and a possible new captain?

eastlands oasis said:
hasn't zirkhov's agent come out and said he has agreed to sign for Chelsea? as for Barry, just what we need, England International,Prem experience, and a possible new captain?

yes but Chelsea and CSKA have both denied and deal or agreement is in place

simon23 said:
if barie was to come to us it would be a step backwards from villa.....they are on the verge of challenging the big 4 (along with everton)....it may take us another season at least to be in that position.

good player and just what we need but surely he would go to liverpool or arsenal......and no matter what money we offer if a player doesnt want to be here then there is nothing we can do....

What a load of shit.

TheNews ITK status seems to be based on the fact he got the Corluka stuff right. But he also admits that, like me, he is a Spurs fan. I can tell you that Spurs messageboard ITK's were saying exactly the same stuff about Corluika, before TheNews posted it here. As for us being interested in barry, one of our fans met harry the other day (posted a photo as proof) and he told him that we are in for Barry. Basically TheNews's ITK stuff is nothing that any of you couldn't have taken from various Spurs messageboards. Therefore I'd take anything none Spurs related (ie Tevez) with pinch of salt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.