Bitter, Bitter Spurs Fans.

9/11wasaninsidejob said:
Some of the comments on this thread may give an insight into why we are unpopular - arrogant, clueless, utterly stupid comments.

Just look back a month or so on this forum, there are threads about "Who will we get in the (CL) play-off?", "Which teams do you want to get in the group stages?" etc.

After we beat Brum 5-1, people on here thought we had it sewn up; after all, we were gonna smash the rags and the yids were gonna get smashed by Arsenal and Chelsea. In fact, our match with Spurs was going to be a dead rubber because 4th was already in the bag by then.

were unpopular because clubs fear us and what we have the potential to do. theres nothing wrong with being postive, better than being a negative bell end and slagging off your fellow fans.

M22_blu said:
9/11wasaninsidejob said:
Some of the comments on this thread may give an insight into why we are unpopular - arrogant, clueless, utterly stupid comments.

Just look back a month or so on this forum, there are threads about "Who will we get in the (CL) play-off?", "Which teams do you want to get in the group stages?" etc.

After we beat Brum 5-1, people on here thought we had it sewn up; after all, we were gonna smash the rags and the yids were gonna get smashed by Arsenal and Chelsea. In fact, our match with Spurs was going to be a dead rubber because 4th was already in the bag by then.

were unpopular because clubs fear us and what we have the potential to do. theres nothing wrong with being postive, better than being a negative bell end and slagging off your fellow fans.

There is a difference between being positive and counting your chickens.

9/11wasaninsidejob said:
M22_blu said:

There is a difference between being positive and counting your chickens.

Have you ever knew a football fan to count there chickens, were not the only set of fans who think in this way.

Your typical football fan is an irrational fickle twat who suffers from a drink problem and severe mood swings depending on what score the football finishes. Rational thinking doesnt even cross are minds.

It is strange to see so many City fans being optimistic (not that this is a bad thing). To balance it out we do have plenty of other fans who refuse to think past 'typical City' when we're 4-0 up even.

9/11wasaninsidejob said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
After we'd beaten brum,we had scored 14 goals and conceded 2 in 3 games.We were bound to be feeling confident.At the time,if anybody would have got on here saying we still won't make top4,they'd have been called a rag and told to fuck off.

Sort of says a lot about the mentality of people on this forum then.
Whats wrong in having hope and ambition?We're gradually getting rid of the "typical City" tag.I suppose you're the kind of fan who predicts failure for us,then if we win,you're happy.But if we lose,you can gloat to everybody about how you were right all along.Why not just take a chance,be grateful for what we are now and be positive?

I love the way people talk in binaries as if you are either 'typical city' or deluded.

Why can't you just be sensible (like me) and think "yeah, we've got a great chance of 4th but anything can happen and the games against Villa and Spurs will be hard"?

No, it was "we'll smash everyone in sight 4 or 5-0 and we can even make 3rd... can't wait to play in the Bernabeu next year etc..."

9/11wasaninsidejob said:
I love the way people talk in binaries as if you are either 'typical city' or deluded.

Why can't you just be sensible (like me) and think "yeah, we've got a great chance of 4th but anything can happen and the games against Villa and Spurs will be hard"?

No, it was "we'll smash everyone in sight 4 or 5-0 and we can even make 3rd... can't wait to play in the Bernabeu next year etc..."

I love the way you assume being optimistic and typical City are mutually-exclusive. I'm very much an advocate of third-way City; City winning trophies in typical City fashion.

9/11wasaninsidejob said:

You're entitled to your opinion,same as everyone.Call me deluded or arrogant,but with the right signings,I'm betting we'll win the title.Apologies if my optimism causes offence.

You have to spend money to even get close. Tottenham can say that they have done some pretty savvi deals in the transfer market and maybe they have. But don't forget that Spurs have/should've been knocking on the door for a long time.

We've done in 2 years what many struggle to do in 10 years, our owners aren't going to come in, with unlimited resources, and then say, "we'll only spend a few million and build it up over the next decade". It's just unrealistic.

Spurs are the only club that come close in the hatred stakes with the scum for me, bar the said scum they're the only club I'd gladly wipe from the face of the Earth if I had the power to do so, and for the sake of justice and peace I'd have all their remaining fans lobotomised and castrated.

The World would be a better place without them.

We can always hope...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.