Bitter, Bitter Spurs Fans.

RichieTHFC said:
Griff93 said:
Do you not see that the Sheikh wants to make us the biggest team in the world? If he ever leave it will be after he has achieved that!

I know you guys will probably start going mental and calling me names or anything else childish, but you'll never be one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Its like Espanyol saying they'll be bigger than Barcelona, Torino saying they'll be bigger than Juventus or Athletico saying they'll be bigger than Real Madrid. Even if you do achieve success, which I think you will, the history and infamy of the biggest teams with bigger trophy cabinets will always be ahead of you. You might have some temporary success, but you'll never be the biggest in the world, and neither will Spurs. Sad but true IMO. The name of the bigger clubs will always be the lure for the best players and as far as I see it, its a closed club.

so how did they become big?

it didn't happen over night did it!

nobody can predict what may happen in 5 or 10 or 15 years time what can or cant be for a club but i know one thing manchester city with the backing of sheik mansour will have a bloody good go at being one of the best clubs in the world.

If you were to go back 40 years and ask fans all over the country,"who would you say is a big club?",people would have probably said "un**ed,City,leeds,arsenal."They were the most successful at the time.Success creates popularity.The trick is to see if support dwindles away if the success dwindles away.In Citys case (and to a certain degree leeds case),the support continued despite dropping to the 3rd tier.That to me is the sign of a big club.We all saw what chelseas crowds were before the money rolled in.They are regarded now as one of the major players in world football.We haven't had any success recently but still have the 3rd highest average attendance in the league.I'll say to any spurs,everton or whoevers visiting fans on this forum,what do you expect us to do now we have such a wealthy ambitious owner and what would you want if you were in our position?Please don't anybody say "we'd lose our soul and identity if we bought or attemted to buy the best players in the world" because that would confirm to me that you're a jealous hypocrite.

RichieTHFC said:
Just look at Ronaldo for an example. If a team like Man Utd can't hold onto their biggest players, what chance does any team have?

not a good example mate. the rags are so deep in it they can barely hang on to their trousers. selling the tranny for £80m was the only way they could turn a £40m loss into a £40m profit in their last financial year.

just look at their bargain basement signings in the last 12 months from a manager who routinely paid over the odds and broke transfer records a few years ago.

rassclot said:

not a good example mate. the rags are so deep in it they can barely hang on to their trousers. selling the tranny for £80m was the only way they could turn a £40m loss into a £40m profit in their last financial year.

just look at their bargain basement signings in the last 12 months from a manager who routinely paid over the odds and broke transfer records a few years ago.
Lets not forget getting a big chunk of sponsorship money upfront and counting it as part of the yearly turnover.

RichieTHFC said:
Griff93 said:
Do you not see that the Sheikh wants to make us the biggest team in the world? If he ever leave it will be after he has achieved that!

I know you guys will probably start going mental and calling me names or anything else childish, but you'll never be one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Its like Espanyol saying they'll be bigger than Barcelona, Torino saying they'll be bigger than Juventus or Athletico saying they'll be bigger than Real Madrid. Even if you do achieve success, which I think you will, the history and infamy of the biggest teams with bigger trophy cabinets will always be ahead of you. You might have some temporary success, but you'll never be the biggest in the world, and neither will Spurs. Sad but true IMO. The name of the bigger clubs will always be the lure for the best players and as far as I see it, its a closed club.

I agree but that wasn't my point anyway mate lol

at the end of the day we will leave them in our wake, just as we will with united and liverpool, only arsenal and chelsea will offer any resistance to our guranteed flight to the top of footballs tree.

in fact i can see liverpool, villa and everton all finishing above spurs next season.

Some of the comments on this thread may give an insight into why we are unpopular - arrogant, clueless, utterly stupid comments.

Just look back a month or so on this forum, there are threads about "Who will we get in the (CL) play-off?", "Which teams do you want to get in the group stages?" etc.

After we beat Brum 5-1, people on here thought we had it sewn up; after all, we were gonna smash the rags and the yids were gonna get smashed by Arsenal and Chelsea. In fact, our match with Spurs was going to be a dead rubber because 4th was already in the bag by then.

9/11wasaninsidejob said:
Some of the comments on this thread may give an insight into why we are unpopular - arrogant, clueless, utterly stupid comments.

Just look back a month or so on this forum, there are threads about "Who will we get in the (CL) play-off?", "Which teams do you want to get in the group stages?" etc.

After we beat Brum 5-1, people on here thought we had it sewn up; after all, we were gonna smash the rags and the yids were gonna get smashed by Arsenal and Chelsea. In fact, our match with Spurs was going to be a dead rubber because 4th was already in the bag by then.
After we'd beaten brum,we had scored 14 goals and conceded 2 in 3 games.We were bound to be feeling confident.At the time,if anybody would have got on here saying we still won't make top4,they'd have been called a rag and told to fuck off.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
9/11wasaninsidejob said:

After we'd beaten brum,we had scored 14 goals and conceded 2 in 3 games.We were bound to be feeling confident.At the time,if anybody would have got on here saying we still won't make top4,they'd have been called a rag and told to fuck off.

Sort of says a lot about the mentality of people on this forum then.

9/11wasaninsidejob said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:

Sort of says a lot about the mentality of people on this forum then.

you are forgetting that city are fucking fantasic and i can't wait to batter spurs and the rest next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.