Bitter, Bitter Spurs Fans.

RichieTHFC said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
Talking about people leaving.Redknapp leaves WHU,firesale of best players,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves saints,relegated,administration,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves pompey, relegation,firesale of players,administration,still in the shit.You seem to think that we're in the same position as Chelsea.We're not.Abramovich has bankrolled Chelsea with a loan on very favourable terms.But it's still money owed.Sheikh Mansoor has virtually donated £500 mil to us.When it comes to possible departures,you've more to worry about than us.HM revenue and customs are like the mounties...they allways get their man.

Regardless of whether you need to pay back the money to Sheikh or not, I believe if he ups and leaves then you will be in trouble because of the size of contracts you have. Obviously I don't have any figures, but I would guess that if you don't already, you will have the largest wage bill in the Premiership within the next few years, possibly the world. If the Shiekh left today, the wages you are committed to pay would leave you in administration.

When it comes to respecting other clubs and hoping they do well, Man City isn't on my list. I want to see Everton, Villa etc... do well because I personally see them as doing it the right way. Well run clubs with good history and strong fan base. Having someone come in and just throw money around is, IMO, not the right way to go about achieving success. Im sure most of you dont care, but don't go around expecting to get a pat on the back from other fans and a congratulations. You got lucky that a oil billionaire chose to buy your club, nothing more IMO.

As for Redknapps record at other clubs, thats got nothing to do with him. He doesn't do the accounts, he just spends the money he gets given. If the board give him too much and put the club in financial danger, its not his fault. Thankfully our club is very well run and it we will not go the way of Portsmouth.

we do have good history and a strong fan base you idiot

RichieTHFC said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
Talking about people leaving.Redknapp leaves WHU,firesale of best players,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves saints,relegated,administration,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves pompey, relegation,firesale of players,administration,still in the shit.You seem to think that we're in the same position as Chelsea.We're not.Abramovich has bankrolled Chelsea with a loan on very favourable terms.But it's still money owed.Sheikh Mansoor has virtually donated £500 mil to us.When it comes to possible departures,you've more to worry about than us.HM revenue and customs are like the mounties...they allways get their man.

Regardless of whether you need to pay back the money to Sheikh or not, I believe if he ups and leaves then you will be in trouble because of the size of contracts you have. Obviously I don't have any figures, but I would guess that if you don't already, you will have the largest wage bill in the Premiership within the next few years, possibly the world. If the Shiekh left today, the wages you are committed to pay would leave you in administration.

When it comes to respecting other clubs and hoping they do well, Man City isn't on my list. I want to see Everton, Villa etc... do well because I personally see them as doing it the right way. Well run clubs with good history and strong fan base. Having someone come in and just throw money around is, IMO, not the right way to go about achieving success. Im sure most of you dont care, but don't go around expecting to get a pat on the back from other fans and a congratulations. You got lucky that a oil billionaire chose to buy your club, nothing more IMO.

As for Redknapps record at other clubs, thats got nothing to do with him. He doesn't do the accounts, he just spends the money he gets given. If the board give him too much and put the club in financial danger, its not his fault. Thankfully our club is very well run and it we will not go the way of Portsmouth.

Oh please! Deluded beyond belief! Spurs well run? They have been propped up by ENIC. Villa? They went on a spending spree after Randy Lerner purchased them.
As for Redknapp not doing the accounts? Try telling that to HM Revenue and Customs. Next.

BlakeTheBlue said:
I was doing my usual rounds on rival forums to see who other clubs are being linked with and i found this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/transfer-news/13632-citeh-target-higuian-gago-dzeko-omfg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/t ... -omfg.html</a>

]Don't worry Man City are a crap team with no history and they will never gel well enough to even get into champions league let alone win the league don't worry it will be proved you can't buy success!

Ha Ha Ha Ha... How bitter can you get? They're incensed that even though they finished in a CL playoff spot we will still attract a better class of player. Noobs.
They are not happy because the media is overlooking them. They are like the London runt getting pushed away by it's bigger brothers and sulking in the corner.

RichieTHFC said:
Clubber said:
As we have seen in previous threads, they have spent a similar amount to us over a 5 year period.

Sorry but this is absolutely ludicrous. I know stats can prove anything but c'mon, are you really comparing our spending to yours?

First of all, looking at the last 5 years is fairly misleading straight off the bat, because first of all almost all of your first team was bought in the last 2 years. I personally don't follow Man City's team very closely, but who in your starting XI was bought more than two years ago? Onuoha? As far as I know Ireland and Richards aren't starters for you.

Looking at the last 2/3 years spending is much more accurate to compare spending IMO, since as I have mentioned thats when most of your players have come in.

Furthermore, how many £20m players have you sold in the last few years? We got £30m+ for Berbatov, £20m+ for Keane, £18m for Carrick. I'd venture a guess that those three alone probably equal Man City sales for the same period, but I haven't really done the leg work. Add in other sales throughout the years and Im confident we have got substantially more money in from player sales which has then been put back into buying players, which inflates our spending figures.

I honestly don't know a single Spurs fan who would trade our positions right now. Sure you will end up in the Champions League eventually and might even end up with a title, but theres always that fear that you will be left in financial ruin if/when the money runs out. Even if you don't have to pay the transfer money back, if they decide to up and leave you'll be left with alot of mega contracts that you wont be able to afford.

I don't understand why people still say this shite - there is no chance, not even the tiniest possibility, that Sheik Mansour will 'up and leave'. He was donated (not lent) £500m to the club at a conservative estimate and has just committed £1bn investment into the local area.

So he's gonna fuck off and think ''nah, not only do I never wanna see any kind of return on that, I don't even wanna stick around to see what happens either, fuck it''

Delusion of the highest order (wishful thinking)

I'll say this without hesitation - it's more likely that Alex Ferguson will get sacked from the rags than it is that Sheikh Mansour and ADUG will 'up and leave' City. It simply will not happen.

MCC said:
RichieTHFC said:

Oh please! Deluded beyond belief! Spurs well run? They have been propped up by ENIC. Villa? They went on a spending spree after Randy Lerner purchased them.
As for Redknapp not doing the accounts? Try telling that to HM Revenue and Customs. Next.

Propped up be ENIC?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/premier-league-finances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... e-finances</a>

Money put in by owners: £15m

Point about Lerner is fair tbh.

EDIT: Also, Harry being investigated by Revenue and Customs implies that he was in financial control of a football club? Anyone who puts a manager, or anyone else horrendously under qualified, in control of the finances of a company is a moron

RichieTHFC said:
MCC said:

Propped up be ENIC?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/premier-league-finances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... e-finances</a>

So why previously imply like Villa are some kind of organically grown economic and footballing miracle then? They are bankrolled by Lerner. He's just a sugar daddy with less sugar. They are constantly cited as one of the clubs that could be among the worst affected by any new UEFA F.F.P rules

paul calfs tash said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
I was doing my usual rounds on rival forums to see who other clubs are being linked with and i found this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/transfer-news/13632-citeh-target-higuian-gago-dzeko-omfg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/t ... -omfg.html</a>

Ha Ha Ha Ha... How bitter can you get? They're incensed that even though they finished in a CL playoff spot we will still attract a better class of player. Noobs.
They are not happy because the media is overlooking them. They are like the London runt getting pushed away by it's bigger brothers and sulking in the corner.

Are you serious? The media has been sucking our c*cks for the last few months. We've not been 'ignored' by any stretch of the imagination

RichieTHFC said:
MCC said:

Propped up be ENIC?

EDIT: Also, Harry being investigated by Revenue and Customs implies that he was in financial control of a football club? Anyone who puts a manager, or anyone else horrendously under qualified, in control of the finances of a company is a moron

So who has bankrolled Spurs? Sir Alan Sugar?

sam221985 said:
RichieTHFC said:
Sorry but this is absolutely ludicrous. I know stats can prove anything but c'mon, are you really comparing our spending to yours?

First of all, looking at the last 5 years is fairly misleading straight off the bat, because first of all almost all of your first team was bought in the last 2 years. I personally don't follow Man City's team very closely, but who in your starting XI was bought more than two years ago? Onuoha? As far as I know Ireland and Richards aren't starters for you.

Looking at the last 2/3 years spending is much more accurate to compare spending IMO, since as I have mentioned thats when most of your players have come in.

Furthermore, how many £20m players have you sold in the last few years? We got £30m+ for Berbatov, £20m+ for Keane, £18m for Carrick. I'd venture a guess that those three alone probably equal Man City sales for the same period, but I haven't really done the leg work. Add in other sales throughout the years and Im confident we have got substantially more money in from player sales which has then been put back into buying players, which inflates our spending figures.

I honestly don't know a single Spurs fan who would trade our positions right now. Sure you will end up in the Champions League eventually and might even end up with a title, but theres always that fear that you will be left in financial ruin if/when the money runs out. Even if you don't have to pay the transfer money back, if they decide to up and leave you'll be left with alot of mega contracts that you wont be able to afford.

I don't understand why people still say this shite - there is no chance, not even the tiniest possibility, that Sheik Mansour will 'up and leave'. He was donated (not lent) £500m to the club at a conservative estimate and has just committed £1bn investment into the local area.

So he's gonna fuck off and think ''nah, not only do I never wanna see any kind of return on that, I don't even wanna stick around to see what happens either, fuck it''

I'll say this without hesitation - it's more likely that Alex Ferguson will get sacked from the rags than it is that Sheikh Mansour and ADUG will 'up and leave' City. It simply will not happen.

So he will own Man City forever is what you're saying?

He will EVENTUALLY leave, and when he does you had better hope your finances are better than they are right now

RichieTHFC said:
sam221985 said:

So he will own Man City forever is what you're saying?

He will EVENTUALLY leave, and when he does you had better hope your finances are better than they are right now

He'll own City in ten years time, I can say that for a start.

And predicting beyond that about pretty much anything to do with football is futile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.