Bitter, Bitter Spurs Fans.

Unfortunately, just like any other club, we have dickheads who'll sing about Munich and "we'll buy your club, and burn it down". Also dickheads (likely all the same dickheads) who will hiss at Spurs and even a few who'll sing "Spurs are on their way to Belsen", and then the absolute crème de la crème of dickheads like the 'person' I saw giving a Nazi salute at the Spurs game.

KentBlue said:
when some of our fans sang "We'll buy your club and burn it down",
This always makes me cringe. Everytime someone starts singing it I think: "S.T.F.U.!"

lighten up its callled banter, like when clubs sing "where was you when you was shit"

well the entire football world knows we have always had good crowds.

its called banter, and isnt meant to be factual.

RichieTHFC said:
Clubber said:
As we have seen in previous threads, they have spent a similar amount to us over a 5 year period.

Sorry but this is absolutely ludicrous. I know stats can prove anything but c'mon, are you really comparing our spending to yours?

First of all, looking at the last 5 years is fairly misleading straight off the bat, because first of all almost all of your first team was bought in the last 2 years. I personally don't follow Man City's team very closely, but who in your starting XI was bought more than two years ago? Onuoha? As far as I know Ireland and Richards aren't starters for you.

Looking at the last 2/3 years spending is much more accurate to compare spending IMO, since as I have mentioned thats when most of your players have come in.

Furthermore, how many £20m players have you sold in the last few years? We got £30m+ for Berbatov, £20m+ for Keane, £18m for Carrick. I'd venture a guess that those three alone probably equal Man City sales for the same period, but I haven't really done the leg work. Add in other sales throughout the years and Im confident we have got substantially more money in from player sales which has then been put back into buying players, which inflates our spending figures.

I honestly don't know a single Spurs fan who would trade our positions right now. Sure you will end up in the Champions League eventually and might even end up with a title, but theres always that fear that you will be left in financial ruin if/when the money runs out. Even if you don't have to pay the transfer money back, if they decide to up and leave you'll be left with alot of mega contracts that you wont be able to afford.
Talking about people leaving.Redknapp leaves WHU,firesale of best players,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves saints,relegated,administration,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves pompey, relegation,firesale of players,administration,still in the shit.You seem to think that we're in the same position as Chelsea.We're not.Abramovich has bankrolled Chelsea with a loan on very favourable terms.But it's still money owed.Sheikh Mansoor has virtually donated £500 mil to us.When it comes to possible departures,you've more to worry about than us.HM revenue and customs are like the mounties...they allways get their man.

sniff said:
KentBlue said:
This always makes me cringe. Everytime someone starts singing it I think: "S.T.F.U.!"

lighten up its callled banter, like when clubs sing "where was you when you was shit"

well the entire football world knows we have always had good crowds.

its called banter, and isnt meant to be factual.

I doubt you would call it banter if Everton fans, say, sang it to us had they been taken over by multi billionaires...

anymore than 2sheiks said:
RichieTHFC said:
Sorry but this is absolutely ludicrous. I know stats can prove anything but c'mon, are you really comparing our spending to yours?

First of all, looking at the last 5 years is fairly misleading straight off the bat, because first of all almost all of your first team was bought in the last 2 years. I personally don't follow Man City's team very closely, but who in your starting XI was bought more than two years ago? Onuoha? As far as I know Ireland and Richards aren't starters for you.

Looking at the last 2/3 years spending is much more accurate to compare spending IMO, since as I have mentioned thats when most of your players have come in.

Furthermore, how many £20m players have you sold in the last few years? We got £30m+ for Berbatov, £20m+ for Keane, £18m for Carrick. I'd venture a guess that those three alone probably equal Man City sales for the same period, but I haven't really done the leg work. Add in other sales throughout the years and Im confident we have got substantially more money in from player sales which has then been put back into buying players, which inflates our spending figures.

I honestly don't know a single Spurs fan who would trade our positions right now. Sure you will end up in the Champions League eventually and might even end up with a title, but theres always that fear that you will be left in financial ruin if/when the money runs out. Even if you don't have to pay the transfer money back, if they decide to up and leave you'll be left with alot of mega contracts that you wont be able to afford.
Talking about people leaving.Redknapp leaves WHU,firesale of best players,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves saints,relegated,administration,financially in the shit.Redknapp leaves pompey, relegation,firesale of players,administration,still in the shit.You seem to think that we're in the same position as Chelsea.We're not.Abramovich has bankrolled Chelsea with a loan on very favourable terms.But it's still money owed.Sheikh Mansoor has virtually donated £500 mil to us.When it comes to possible departures,you've more to worry about than us.HM revenue and customs are like the mounties...they allways get their man.

Haha yeah Harry's so bent (allegedly) they're gonna lock him up sooner or later

Do you know that if you re-arrange the letters in 'Harry Redknapp'. (and add a few and take a few away) it spells 'dishonest twitchy cockney fuckwit'.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
RichieTHFC said:

Regardless of whether you need to pay back the money to Sheikh or not, I believe if he ups and leaves then you will be in trouble because of the size of contracts you have. Obviously I don't have any figures, but I would guess that if you don't already, you will have the largest wage bill in the Premiership within the next few years, possibly the world. If the Shiekh left today, the wages you are committed to pay would leave you in administration.

When it comes to respecting other clubs and hoping they do well, Man City isn't on my list. I want to see Everton, Villa etc... do well because I personally see them as doing it the right way. Well run clubs with good history and strong fan base. Having someone come in and just throw money around is, IMO, not the right way to go about achieving success. Im sure most of you dont care, but don't go around expecting to get a pat on the back from other fans and a congratulations. You got lucky that a oil billionaire chose to buy your club, nothing more IMO.

As for Redknapps record at other clubs, thats got nothing to do with him. He doesn't do the accounts, he just spends the money he gets given. If the board give him too much and put the club in financial danger, its not his fault. Thankfully our club is very well run and it we will not go the way of Portsmouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.