Bitter, Bitter Spurs Fans.

MCC said:
RichieTHFC said:
Propped up be ENIC?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/premier-league-finances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... e-finances</a>

Money put in by owners: £15m

Point about Lerner is fair tbh.

EDIT: Also, Harry being investigated by Revenue and Customs implies that he was in financial control of a football club? Anyone who puts a manager, or anyone else horrendously under qualified, in control of the finances of a company is a moron

So who has bankrolled Spurs? Sir Alan Sugar?

Nobodies bankrolled us. Spurs used to (possibly still do) have the highest ticket prices in the Premiership. The fans bankroll our team, not some magical benifactor

Hardly going to leave us in the shit is he having spent a load of wonga?? The golden light of Abu Dhabi??

Seriously Tottenham fan - worry about your own club.<br /><br />-- Sun May 30, 2010 4:59 am --<br /><br />
RichieTHFC said:
MCC said:

Nobodies bankrolled us. Spurs used to (possibly still do) have the highest ticket prices in the Premiership. The fans bankroll our team, not some magical benifactor

Go and have a lie down.

RichieTHFC said:
MCC said:

Dont be so nieve to think that your money from season tickets alone pay the players, buy players etc etc your having a laugh!!!

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
RichieTHFC said:

Dont be so nieve to think that your money from season tickets alone pay the players, buy players etc etc your having a laugh!!!

Obviously not, but Spurs fans have to spend more money than most fans to support their team. Tickets are just one example where Spurs is an expensive club to support, having some of the most expensive tickets as far as I know.

Again, I think people don't take into account the amount we recoup in player sales when comparing our spending with other clubs. £30m Berbatov, £18m Carrick, £20m Keane etc... all gets reinvested into buying players which means the amount we spend looks less sustainable than it really is

RichieTHFC said:

Obviously not, but Spurs fans have to spend more money than most fans to support their team. Tickets are just one example where Spurs is an expensive club to support, having some of the most expensive tickets as far as I know.

Again, I think people don't take into account the amount we recoup in player sales when comparing our spending with other clubs. £30m Berbatov, £18m Carrick, £20m Keane etc... all gets reinvested into buying players which means the amount we spend looks less sustainable than it really is

I certainly agree with the last part he certainly knows how to get the last penny out of the buying club something we have never been good at !

Spurs are a well-run club and congratulations (one of the few times I'll ever sincerely congratulate them) to them in this day and age for being a sustainable club. If it happens that the big boys start to crash and burn under piles of debt which they cannot sustain - especially if they lose Champions League revenue, they will have their reward.

However:

1. If you're thinking Sheikh will leave, I think you're very much mistaken. I think it's apparent that this is meant to be long-term. The nature of the investment in club facilities and the local area and their willingness to associate the club with Abu Dhabi strongly implies they're here to stay. Yes, we are lucky; very very lucky.

2. Without the Sheikh our current position is untenable. However, if we look to the positives, it is likely that our revenues will eventually grow to the point where it is sustainable. That, is the eventual plan. Taking a more bleak and unrealistic view, the Sheikh leaves and sells the club at market value to an owner who doesn't want to put money in but isn't particularly interested in taking money out - like your owners for instance. We'd be left in a position of no debt (assuming he's going to underwrite the spending we anticipate will happen in the next two years - and there's no reason to think that won't be the case). We'd simply sell our players, thus reducing wages whilst bringing in money from transfers. Yes, our chance of success would be significantly diminished but we'd be far from financial trouble. We've effectively been given 500m by Sheikh Mansour as pure investment. It will have knock-on effects, relative financial security being one. The worst-case scenario is that we get bought by a Glazeresque entity who uses club assets to secure loans against it. If interest payments can cripple the red dippers and the rags, we're certainly in trouble. However, as long as that doesn't happen in the next two years, UEFA's financial fair play rules should significantly reduce any chance of that happening to City - or any other club. Put it this way, I wouldn't swap financial situations with you. I'd rather accept that we're lucky and be in a position to afford to go to as many games as possible. I know you're in Larndan and you have higher wages than up here but surely it must bite some of your poorer fans hard in the arse?

RichieTHFC said:
Furthermore, how many £20m players have you sold in the last few years? We got £30m+ for Berbatov, £20m+ for Keane, £18m for Carrick.

wtf? you got £20m including add ons for keane then spent £16m including add ons to get him back and then loaned him out to celtic. a £4m profit for sure but you make out like spurs trousered the full £20m as profit. not much reinvestment from that.

RichieTHFC said:

so you could say, you make a large percentage of your revenue from being a feeder club for the bigger teams, you must be very proud ;)

rassclot said:
RichieTHFC said:
Furthermore, how many £20m players have you sold in the last few years? We got £30m+ for Berbatov, £20m+ for Keane, £18m for Carrick.

wtf? you got £20m including add ons for keane then spent £16m including add ons to get him back and then loaned him out to celtic. a £4m profit for sure but you make out like spurs trousered the full £20m as profit. not much reinvestment from that.

My point wasn't that we made lots of money from the Keane deal, but when you look at our spending over the last few years theres the large transfer fee for Keane which can skew statistics since we effectively got £4m to loan him out for 5 months.

Basically what Im saying is we spend alot, but we get alot of money from player sales too<br /><br />-- Sun May 30, 2010 9:46 am --<br /><br />
r.soleofsalford said:
RichieTHFC said:

so you could say, you make a large percentage of your revenue from being a feeder club for the bigger teams, you must be very proud ;)

A large percentage of our revenue? No, but sadly when players want to leave there is very little any club can do to keep them. All you can hope for is getting the best possible price for them, and we certainly get that.

Just look at Ronaldo for an example. If a team like Man Utd can't hold onto their biggest players, what chance does any team have?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.