blackburn sells, west ham doesn't

Ducado said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Georgian Maestro said:
I can put up with the Emptyhad, blue plastic seat jokes that I will inevitably get from my rag mates should we only get 30k for a semi final. My concern is the bigger picture. This game is an opportunity for fans who do not get to many games to go at relatively cheap prices and they choose not to. Presumably these are the same fans the club expects to push the attendances from 48k to 60k when the extension is built. So where are they?
Think of the Etihad as a pub:

Premier League games are Saturday nights - you'll fill them pretty much come what may.

Champions League games are like Friday Nights - you'll usually fill them but occasionally, if it's the middle of the month, you'll have to out a band on to make sure you fill the place.

FA Cup games are Thursday nights - depending on which band is on you'll sometimes have to throw a drinks promotion on to try and ensure you can fill it.

Capital One Cup games are Monday Nights and sometimes no matter what drinks promotion or band you put on no fucker wants to go, no matter what, especially if it's in January.

Does that stop you extending your pub if you've got the money to do it and you're full every weekend?

Very good analogy GDM

He likes pubs.

Rammy Blue said:
Ducado said:

Premier League games are Saturday nights - you'll fill them pretty much come what may.

Champions League games are like Friday Nights - you'll usually fill them but occasionally, if it's the middle of the month, you'll have to out a band on to make sure you fill the place.

FA Cup games are Thursday nights - depending on which band is on you'll sometimes have to throw a drinks promotion on to try and ensure you can fill it.

Capital One Cup games are Monday Nights and sometimes no matter what drinks promotion or band you put on no fucker wants to go, no matter what, especially if it's in January.

Does that stop you extending your pub if you've got the money to do it and you're full every weekend?

Very good analogy GDM

He likes pubs.

Had him down as a "Gentleman's Club" type myself ;-)

Georgian Maestro said:
I can put up with the Emptyhad, blue plastic seat jokes that I will inevitably get from my rag mates should we only get 30k for a semi final. My concern is the bigger picture. This game is an opportunity for fans who do not get to many games to go at relatively cheap prices and they choose not to. Presumably these are the same fans the club expects to push the attendances from 48k to 60k when the extension is built. So where are they?

Could not have explained it any better than this. I am going to Blackburn today. I am on the waiting list for the season ticket expansion......but I ain't going to the Wham game. Work commitments mean I can't. I could make any game at a weekend......but midweekers are always hit and miss due to other priorities that crop up.

Before wife, kids and mortgages I would have deffo been at the Wham game ( probably home and away ) but circumstances in life change.....

But the next generation of of blues who can attend all games will undoubtedly follow....

And them lucky gits will get to see a fair bit more glory than I ever did going all over midweek !

Georgian Maestro said:

An excellent analogy.

This should automatically be the first post on any 'attendance' based thread.

I'm not even convinced that free tickets for selected matches in the Cup competitions for those on the scheme(s) would even fill the stadium. The cost of getting there and being fed and watered can usurp the ticket price sometimes.

Great analogy on the pub / City

The facts are that we have in the main a very loyal and working class fan base with a limited number of match going fans.

The club are doing lots of things behind the scenes but in my opinion they must work harder to get the fans who filled Manchester for the parades into the stadium.

Blue Membership should be free for a start .

I have joined all 3 cup schemes and have 3 adults and 1 child and it's crippling me. If I hadn't joined them I would no doubt be prioritizing the Barca match as will many others.

Somebody posted a great idea where the club could offer the following :
Buy a West Ham semi final ticket and it entitles you to the FA Cup Blackburn replay for £5 adults £1 kids . The club have in reality 3 working days to get this on the website. I am sure it would boost numbers.

City do not have the numbers traveling from far and wide. We have a limited local support (greater manchester) and maybe 15% who travel from other areas .

I can see 30k tops v West Ham and 25k v Blackburn unless the club market something quickly.

guvnors son mcfc said:

The facts are that we have in the main a very loyal and working class fan base with a limited number of match going fans.

The club are doing lots of things behind the scenes but in my opinion they must work harder to get the fans who filled Manchester for the parades into the stadium.

I have joined all 3 cup schemes and have 3 adults and 1 child and it's crippling me. If I hadn't joined them I would no doubt be prioritizing the Barca match as will many others.

Buy a West Ham semi final ticket and it entitles you to the FA Cup Blackburn replay for £5 adults £1 kids . The club have in reality 3 working days to get this on the website. I am sure it would boost numbers.

City do not have the numbers traveling from far and wide. We have a limited local support (greater manchester) and maybe 15% who travel from other areas .

I can see 30k tops v West Ham and 25k v Blackburn unless the club market something quickly.

guvnors son mcfc said:

completley agree with this. We are a working class club, with a working class fanbase. The only way we are gonna get full stadiums all the time is cheap tickets. The hamburg game proved that, we sold something like 18,000 tickets in one morning.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
guvnors son mcfc said:

completley agree with this. We are a working class club, with a working class fanbase. The only way we are gonna get full stadiums all the time is cheap tickets. The hamburg game proved that, we sold something like 18,000 tickets in one morning.

I think the club would prefer 30,000 paying £30 quid than 47,000 paying a tenner. The Hamburg game was an absolute farce giving no priority to anyone regardless of loyalty points etc. I found myself flying out to Hamburg away without being able to get a ticket for the home leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.