blackburn sells, west ham doesn't

franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
guvnors son mcfc said:
Great analogy on the pub / City

The facts are that we have in the main a very loyal and working class fan base with a limited number of match going fans.

The club are doing lots of things behind the scenes but in my opinion they must work harder to get the fans who filled Manchester for the parades into the stadium.

Blue Membership should be free for a start .

I have joined all 3 cup schemes and have 3 adults and 1 child and it's crippling me. If I hadn't joined them I would no doubt be prioritizing the Barca match as will many others.

Somebody posted a great idea where the club could offer the following :
Buy a West Ham semi final ticket and it entitles you to the FA Cup Blackburn replay for £5 adults £1 kids . The club have in reality 3 working days to get this on the website. I am sure it would boost numbers.

City do not have the numbers traveling from far and wide. We have a limited local support (greater manchester) and maybe 15% who travel from other areas .

I can see 30k tops v West Ham and 25k v Blackburn unless the club market something quickly.

completley agree with this. We are a working class club, with a working class fanbase. The only way we are gonna get full stadiums all the time is cheap tickets. The hamburg game proved that, we sold something like 18,000 tickets in one morning.

I think the club would prefer 30,000 paying £30 quid than 47,000 paying a tenner. The Hamburg game was an absolute farce giving no priority to anyone regardless of loyalty points etc. I found myself flying out to Hamburg away without being able to get a ticket for the home leg.

I cant agree with that. The hamburg game gave a chance for all the local peopl, people who cant afford to go anymore like myself. Thats what every game should be like where veryone has a chance to go, not just the people with the highest bank balance. Like it is now

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
completley agree with this. We are a working class club, with a working class fanbase. The only way we are gonna get full stadiums all the time is cheap tickets. The hamburg game proved that, we sold something like 18,000 tickets in one morning.

I think the club would prefer 30,000 paying £30 quid than 47,000 paying a tenner. The Hamburg game was an absolute farce giving no priority to anyone regardless of loyalty points etc. I found myself flying out to Hamburg away without being able to get a ticket for the home leg.

I cant agree with that. The hamburg game gave a chance for all the local peopl, people who cant afford to go anymore like myself. Thats what every game should be like where veryone has a chance to go, not just the people with the highest bank balance. Like it is now

The atmosphere for that Hamburg game was fantastic. If this was in any way due to the ticketing policy them I'd love to see it repeated. The players certainly seemed to respond, and it's one of the few home fixtures at the Etihad that will stay with me forever.

looking like a dismal turn out, always going to happen an average of 30 quid is too much for the league cup despite what many say.

might make 30000 if we are lucky.

franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
guvnors son mcfc said:

The facts are that we have in the main a very loyal and working class fan base with a limited number of match going fans.

The club are doing lots of things behind the scenes but in my opinion they must work harder to get the fans who filled Manchester for the parades into the stadium.

I have joined all 3 cup schemes and have 3 adults and 1 child and it's crippling me. If I hadn't joined them I would no doubt be prioritizing the Barca match as will many others.

Buy a West Ham semi final ticket and it entitles you to the FA Cup Blackburn replay for £5 adults £1 kids . The club have in reality 3 working days to get this on the website. I am sure it would boost numbers.

City do not have the numbers traveling from far and wide. We have a limited local support (greater manchester) and maybe 15% who travel from other areas .

I can see 30k tops v West Ham and 25k v Blackburn unless the club market something quickly.

Couldn't you use your celebrity contacts for a ticket Frank?

Tim of the Oak said:
franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Couldn't you use your celebrity contacts for a ticket Frank?

Even the glitterati of Hollywood could'nt get their hands on tickets once the local hoodlums found out about the cheap tickets.

-- Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 pm --

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

It may not suit you, nor me, but as a business model the club looks to achieve the maximum yield so realistically they are not going to offer cheap tickets at a tenner on a regular basis to fill a ground holding 47k when they know they will be able to attract 30,000 plus pricing tickets at £30 plus.

I had no issues with the cheap tickets just they way they were distributed. With a maximum of five tickets per head (if memory serves me correctly) even with no previous purhcase history. Many were sold on at higher values to people such as myself who were s/t holders.

franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
guvnors son mcfc said:

What gets lost in the myth that is the `Hamburg ` game is that touts had a field day and I saw them at the ground using lads who were buying handfuls of tickets then going round again & buying more. I very nearly didn't get in to this game after going all the way to Germany for the 1st game. It was a free for all that could and would back fire badly if it happened now. As for the atmosphere, it was great that night , not because the fans who don't normally go got in , it was because it was a euro cup quarter-final, we we`re up against & we almost did it. Brings out the best in City fans & always has.

To be honest, the Plzen and CSKA ticket sales looked garbage, then we ended up with around 38k for both games. They'll probably flog them cheap to campuses and such again. 36k for the semi first leg against Liverpool 2 years ago.

ballinio said:
franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

What gets lost in the myth that is the `Hamburg ` game is that touts had a field day and I saw them at the ground using lads who were buying handfuls of tickets then going round again & buying more. I very nearly didn't get in to this game after going all the way to Germany for the 1st game. It was a free for all that could and would back fire badly if it happened now. As for the atmosphere, it was great that night , not because the fans who don't normally go got in , it was because it was a euro cup quarter-final, we we`re up against & we almost did it. Brings out the best in City fans & always has.

Spot on. Similarly the atmosphere when we were 3-0 down and had Kompany sent off against United was fantastic.

ballinio said:
franksinatra said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

I agree with you in part, being a quater final did help. But there hasnt been a quater final since that has matched that atmosphere wise. Take the liverpool game semi final, barely anyone went and the atmos was terrible

The cheaper tickets did make a difference. I was in the south stand, there were large groups of lads who could all buy tickets and all sit together. Plenty of fans that used to go that went that night. It definitly had a huge impact on the atmosphere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.