blackburn sells, west ham doesn't

My mate Woody has always been a seat counter and an unsold ticker has meant the impending end of the world for the last 25 years if you listen to him pmsl.

Who actually gives a fuck?

blueinsa said:
My mate Woody has always been a seat counter and an unsold ticker has meant the impending end of the world for the last 25 years if you listen to him pmsl.

Who actually gives a fuck?

Haha i dont worry to that extent but would be nice to have a full house, it adds to the occasion and im sure the players would prefer it full. I wont be sweating it either way.

I can put up with the Emptyhad, blue plastic seat jokes that I will inevitably get from my rag mates should we only get 30k for a semi final. My concern is the bigger picture. This game is an opportunity for fans who do not get to many games to go at relatively cheap prices and they choose not to. Presumably these are the same fans the club expects to push the attendances from 48k to 60k when the extension is built. So where are they?

Georgian Maestro said:
I can put up with the Emptyhad, blue plastic seat jokes that I will inevitably get from my rag mates should we only get 30k for a semi final. My concern is the bigger picture. This game is an opportunity for fans who do not get to many games to go at relatively cheap prices and they choose not to. Presumably these are the same fans the club expects to push the attendances from 48k to 60k when the extension is built. So where are they?

-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:06 am --

Hard financial times, midweek night game, people at work all over the country, on tv, chances of fielding a much weakened and a competition that just doesn't match up these days compared to the league or CL.

We will get what we get and no one will die and it wont alter any plans for ground expansion.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Not clicked on this thread, but when I saw it was up to 17 pages I did wonder to myself has the 'E' word cropped up yet?....

It didn't disappoint.

Of course it has. And its partner "struggling".

Georgian Maestro said:
Think of the Etihad as a pub:

Premier League games are Saturday nights - you'll fill them pretty much come what may.

Champions League games are like Friday Nights - you'll usually fill them but occasionally, if it's the middle of the month, you'll have to out a band on to make sure you fill the place.

FA Cup games are Thursday nights - depending on which band is on you'll sometimes have to throw a drinks promotion on to try and ensure you can fill it.

Capital One Cup games are Monday Nights and sometimes no matter what drinks promotion or band you put on no fucker wants to go, no matter what, especially if it's in January.

Does that stop you extending your pub if you've got the money to do it and you're full every weekend?

Georgian Maestro said:

When I started going to city we had a 52,000 capacity. League gates would swing wildly between 30 and 52,000.

People don't go to every game. They pick and choose, especially as they are on the telly and aren't cheap. You don't decide not to expand a ground because one game doesn't sell out, you expand it because the other twenty do.

Georgian Maestro said:

Premier League games are Saturday nights - you'll fill them pretty much come what may.

Champions League games are like Friday Nights - you'll usually fill them but occasionally, if it's the middle of the month, you'll have to out a band on to make sure you fill the place.

FA Cup games are Thursday nights - depending on which band is on you'll sometimes have to throw a drinks promotion on to try and ensure you can fill it.

Capital One Cup games are Monday Nights and sometimes no matter what drinks promotion or band you put on no fucker wants to go, no matter what, especially if it's in January.

Does that stop you extending your pub if you've got the money to do it and you're full every weekend?
GDM, that spot on ..

like a lot of people on here, I have been going a long time and my guess is that by the time the game comes around it will be full.

Georgian Maestro said:

Very good analogy GDM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.