Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

Re: dont judge players on today

Look at this way chaps, please read this if you don't mind.

Look at (and i hate to use them as an example) utd under bacon for the last 5 years.
Their squad had it's genuine talent sold or age, they had maybe 4 or 5 players who would make the utd squad of 9-10 years ago.
These players were interspersed across the pitch, scholes, fedinand and so on yes ?.
Ok so how did they win with the lesser players ?. Because they are good players not great a'la Garcia.
Their inadequacies were made up for due to the good instruction and work of the top end players around them.

You can't have the best 2players in every position, ok Boyata is struggling i will give you that but still he has had 2 big matches, 2.
Give the man a chance.
The squad as a whole will only strengthen if we get these matches done with less than our first choice 11.

If this time next year the secondary/tertiary teams and tactics do not grow together then yeah get worried a bit but beyond that calm down ladies and gents :)

CTID

Mattyc55 said:
Replay is the last thing we needed. Sounds outrageous but I'm not fussed about the FA Cup at all, this just adds ANOTHER fixture where Fernandinho will probably play. We desperately need a new midfielder.

Why are you singling out Fernandinho? As many have pointed out he's the new Gareth Barry, he gets the shit work done. Today, IMO, they took Blackburn for granted. They played like a fired up mid-table premier league team. It screamed shades of Stoke under Tony Pulis a couple years ago, remember when every fan HATED to head to the Brittania to play them? I was even getting annoyed by the towel off the ball long throw tactic.

I was half expecting a comfortable win, it appears to me that the team was too. A lot of the City players need a rest, we're in the middle of this onslaught of games. In the end though I'm just glad we didn't lose. People on here are right, the last thing we needed was another game in January, but I bet that replay will be much different. City will go into the game knowing how stifling Blackburn can be, and they'll be ready for it for sure.

As for Boyata, I can't remember, but isn't he a CB? The two games I've seen him at right-back he has truly been dreadful. The foul that got him sent off today was ridiculous. Things like that shouldn't be happening in a tied game at this level. If he is a CB and RB is not a playable position for him then I say give him a chance only at CB, but as far as I'm concerned he's proven that he is not good enough to be on a team of this caliber.

Now for Dzeko, I've always liked him, I like how he comes back to defend, but there's one other thing I've noticed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it appear that he is frequently late to join the attack after helping out the defense/midfield? He looks weird when he runs and I don't see him as being a particularly speedy forward, so shouldn't he be the team cherry-picker? The way I see it is that he should spend the majority of his time up the field ready to be the hold-up guy, not the guy running full-sprint to catch up to Silva so he a play can be made. If I'm missing some aspect of his game please correct me as I really want to be a big Dzeko fan again.

All in all we got what we deserved today, and we will grow from it.

Newtoncc said:
This is football, they are going to have off days would prefer it to be Blackburn away than in Prem game!

Sometimes playing lower league sides does not get the team inspired, I would not be too worried.

I will go to replay , hopefully cheap game, and enjoy watching City again at Etihad.

i reckon they'll be paying us to go to the replay (and throw in free food and beer) if there's any chance of Clichy, Garcia, Lescott, Pantillimon playing.

Always play your strongest team.

On the contrary you judge players and manager on every performance - you're only as good as your last match

What you don't do is come to knee jerk reactions based on one poor performance by a player or a team

If a respected actor makes a poor movie - if an episode of a drama or sitcom is below par is there a clamour for them all to quit acting?????

I'd rather have some young talent like Lopes, Huws and Facey featuring and actually giving it a go than the current usual suspects who only bother to turn up when they're playing the likes of Bayern and Chelsea. Our squad really isn't as strong as its cracked out to be. Very poor, Blackburn were there for the taking.

Desperately need another RB in Jan. Pab can't do it all on his own and needs a rest.

Not too concerned about the extra game, we should beat them at the Etihad and MP will once again get the chance to rest his key players.

Funny how the GK roles have been reversed, Joe back in favour while Pants drops a clanger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.