Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

Re: dont judge players on today

we will have 2 game each week before january 25th when the fourth round FA comes around only opening will be after Newcastle game. this was the only week we could have some rest

karen7 said:
7 games in jan now,stupid to not get this done today

I'm worried that this will harm our league chances, really worried.

adrianr said:
Well it was poor, but that could have ended a hell of a lot worse. The replay is a pain in the arse but Blackburn are hardly going to be relishing the thought of coming to the Etihad.

The best way to look at matches like these is, despite the inconvenience of a replay, we've had an opportunity to recognise some clear deficiencies in the squad without really loosing anything. It's not like lost points in the league, or being knocked out of the cup. We're still in it.

Hopefully now we're looking very seriously at right back and central midfield for January reinforcements. If Richards is considered unreliable, Boyata considered not good enough, and it's hopefully clear enough to Pellegrini about all things Javi Garcia, a strong case can be made for sensible signings to ensure, at least as best we can, success this season. It wouldn't even matter if they were CL tied either, as improving the first 11 isn't necessary.

My thoughts exactly.Also another chance for our crocks to make a comeback.

St Ives blue said:
Conclusive evidence that Lescott, Boyata & Garcia are just not good enough.

And did we really make another ridiculous mistake in subbing off Negrado when Manuel intended to take off the poor Dzeko!?

And Ferny. That lad can play two games a day! He loves playing and he is the heart and soul of the team of late!

Re: dont judge players on today

Lavinda Past said:
Newtoncc said:
This is football, they are going to have off days would prefer it to be Blackburn away than in Prem game!

Sometimes playing lower league sides does not get the team inspired, I would not be too worried.

I will go to replay , hopefully cheap game, and enjoy watching City again at Etihad.

i reckon they'll be paying us to go to the replay (and throw in free food and beer) if there's any chance of Clichy, Garcia, Lescott, Pantillimon playing.

Always play your strongest team.

Then what do we do t the end of seasons when first team injuries occur against top end opposition ?

We get crushed, that's what.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:56 pm --<br /><br />
bluethrunthru said:
On the contrary you judge players and manager on every performance - you're only as good as your last match

What you don't do is come to knee jerk reactions based on one poor performance by a player or a team

If a respected actor makes a poor movie - if an episode of a drama or sitcom is below par is there a clamour for them all to quit acting?????

A good analogy that.

St Ives blue said:
Conclusive evidence that Lescott, Boyata & Garcia are just not good enough.

And did we really make another ridiculous mistake in subbing off Negrado when Manuel intended to take off the poor Dzeko!?

Mistake or not, fact is Dzeko is actually performing better than the beast away from home. The beast has been brilliant at home but non existant away from home which means he only plays well every other game. Hopefully he gets it together because the ability is clearly there.

Boyata is so out of his depth it's ridiculous. He should have been taken off at half-time (the latest), with Milner relocated to right back and Lopes given a chance at the left wing.

Only Ferno seemed the least interested in putting in a shift today. Awful display... and I feel really sorry for the admirable fans who made the journey.

EaglesFan said:
I'm surely not the only one to say....but Nasti is a SHADE of his last year self.

Not today, the entire season so far...

NSIS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.