Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

Haven't read too much of this thread but I find it staggering ( I don't really because it's always the same when we don't win) how the same old players get stick whether they deserve it or not.

It needs to be understood that all players cannot have the skills of David Silva and when they don't do what he would do it doesn't mean they deserve to be shot. Garcia did his job pretty well today as did Lescott who arguably was our man of the match.They had jobs to do and did them.Shame they didn't find the penetrative ball to assist for a goal but they did their jobs.

We had plenty of players out there today who arguably didn't do their job very well.Silva for one had a weak performance,Negredo was close to shocking but credit for the goal even if it was a tap in.The problem today was the overall team make up and shape.Milner tried his heart out as usual but he isn't a real winger and needs wide players,full backs included,to play with.Neither of the full backs today can do that.Dzeko wasn't great but streets ahead of Negredo.Boyata just is not good enough.Clichy ok as a full back defensively but nothing going forward.

But let's just focus on Lescott,garcia and Edin because that's what you do.

BBurn had plenty to do with it as well of course with their set up and energy to close down.Our two front men were well handled.So it's a draw and we will beat them in the replay.

Next game.

Poor, Poor, Poor, that's a polite way to describe City's performance, just shows Lescott, Garcia and Boyata shouldn't be near the first team

Time to keep away from this thread. So many spoilt fans who just think of the negatives. We are still in the hat despite playing poorly, a couple of years ago we would have lost that. Yes we do have a few average players in our squad but they do a steady job when they come in and are vital so we can can rest some key players. Over time I'm sure we will identify where we need to improve and we will evolve again and become stronger in the summer.

Don't understand the negative comments about Nasty. Still young and learning and needs VK with him. He gains no confidence from Joleon. Boyata has and will never be Premiership standard. As for Garcia, well words fail me, other than he offers nothing whatsoever. Need to do some good business in January, with the priority being RB cover and CD improvement.

Could do without another game in January, but I would haven taken the draw 20 minutes from the end.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
West Ham home-8th
Newcastle away-12th
Blackburn home-15th
Cardiff Home-18th
West ham away-21st
FA Cup 4th rnd-24th
Spurs away-29th
Chelsea home-Mon 3rd March

Need to utilise the squad but I fear our second string just arent good enough

You missed Barcelona in there too, it's going to be very difficult to stay in all competitions and keep going in the league too and on todays performance it shows that elements of the second squad just aren't good enough. IF we are going to stay well in all competitions, we definitely need a right back.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
West Ham home-8th
Newcastle away-12th
Blackburn home-15th
Cardiff Home-18th
West ham away-21st
FA Cup 4th rnd-24th
Spurs away-29th
Chelsea home-Mon 3rd March

Need to utilise the squad but I fear our second string just arent good enough
Need to buy. Im sure we hoped rodwell, richards and jovetic would be able to handle the slack during this period as the have the quality to step in but they just arent reliable. That leaves us with garcia and boyatta who showed today that they just arent up to it.

OB1 said:
citytill1die84 said:
OB1 said:
Rubbish. Too many errors. Dzeko and Milner particularly poor. Boyata stupid but first booking harsh. Still in cup but replay is a pain to fit in.

If this isn't a CLARKIE then your a ××××. Dzeko & Milner 2 of the best today.

It's your're. As in you're not very bright, are you.

Wooooooooooooo that all you can come back with you ×××××?

Should be a question mark on the end of a question you bright ass mother ××××××.

OB1 said:
citytill1die84 said:
OB1 said:
Rubbish. Too many errors. Dzeko and Milner particularly poor. Boyata stupid but first booking harsh. Still in cup but replay is a pain to fit in.

If this isn't a CLARKIE then your a ××××. Dzeko & Milner 2 of the best today.

It's your're. As in you're not very bright, are you.

Neither are you judging by your observations on Milner and Dzeko ;o)

Poor performance today but the sort of game we would have lost in the past.

Hopefully the 4th round draw will provide opposition to gee our players up for the replay.

*edit in* it's actually you're...... not your're........

No thanks needed.

You know we were shit when Dzeko looked the best player in a black shirt. Still, we could have very well fell victim to a giant killing there and I'm just glad we are in the hat. A reply is better than that fucking insane friendly in Abu Dhabi we were going to play.

Re: dont judge players on today

I am getting frustrated with Micah's injury situation. We needed a quality, attacking RB today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.