Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

Going forward we looked OK, no really poor performances for me other than Boyata. Not as devastated as some about a replay - gives some of the 2nd string a chance to shine - pity so few really take it! We have a squad that should be capable of 2 games a week particularly when one of them is not against a top club. I would like to see some of the youngsters get a shot in the replay. If we look like we are going to the Capital 1 cup final by then I think we can take a risk as it then wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't progress.

BigJoe#1 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Milner was absolutely shit today. If you think he was decent then you need to take a trip to your optician. Urgently.

Why does it always have to be black or white?Clearly he wasn't great but he wasn't shit either. Put in a great shift as he always does but not every thing came off despite getting some good balls across.

Let's be kind and say he was wasteful and extremely ineffective shall we?

Closer but all you are saying is that he didn't create a goal today.Much of his work was effective but the final pass or shot just didn't work. i.e somewhere right in the middle of shit and great.

In hindsight, we needed a bit of pace up front to run on to Silva's little through balls. Lopes should have started in Dzeko's place

We really need to be playing some hungry younger players in these games.

pudge said:
Eccles Blue said:
I've not read all the pages but just got back and my MOTM was James Milner, Boyata was a liability, there was absolutely no need for that foul and he deserved to be sent off. Lescott played a good Captain's role, if you noticed he was giving instructions and encouraging the players. Garcia had one of his better games and although it was a dreadful result it wasn't too bad a game. If Joe Hart had dropped the ball the way Pants did the flack for him would have sent Bluemoan into overdrive!! IMHO

At this rate with all the games we have to play and pay for there will be nothing left for my kids to inherit!! :-)
I'm not sure if it's worthwhile reading past this part?

Well, as I said it was IMHO but as you didn't read past it you wouldn't have seen that. I was right down at the front and had a good view and that was my reading of the match. :-)

Re: "Squad Players" not doing enough.

Whilst i wont go as far as to say the squad players are shit etc, there is clearly a drop off from first XI to the rest.

I think a title winning team needs 13 outfield players who, when you look at them, you'd be quite happy with any 10 of them being 1st choice (form and personal preference aside)

i think City have an awesome 1st team but as the season progresses, the 1st team is now pretty much picking itself default. The drop off to Milner, Garcia, Lescott, Demichellis, Dzeko and others is becoming larger with every week in my opinion. Milner and Dzeko are the best of the squad but id expect a few more of their quality about.

that being said, we're winning loads of games so, well, keep it going lads!

OB1 said:
DTKOAG said:
The good thing about the draw is that we dont have to play in that exhibition game in Qatar.
Thought Robinson got a great reception at HT apparently he was very seriously ill last year.
Nastasic & Lescott's distribution was awful.
Very muted atmosphere from our lot today.

Define awful? Nasty had best pass completion in our team and Lescott was not far behind at 91%. The best average in EPL is just over 92%, from memory.
Nasty,s job is to defend..something he and Lescott failed to do today....there decision making today was poor, Nasty makes far too many rash challenges as was the case today again.....i,ve said it time and time again he,s just not dominant enough and Lescott was was outmuscled for the goal.......really is time for a CB now, one that at least comes close to VK......

OB1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
blueste41 said:
Milner!!!! Arguably our BEST player.
Milner was absolutely shit today. If you think he was decent then you need to take a trip to your optician. Urgently.

Dear Mod,

I got called a four letter word for suggesting Milner had a poor game; any chance you could ban the culprit?

Ban me :) won't have to listen to people like u. It has it's pluses for sure. Because PB is a mod and says Milner was shit he's rite is he?

@JoleonLescott 18s
Can only apologise for not showin apperception after the game but some comments I heard from a small group of our fans were unnecessary

what all this about?

Marvin said:
In hindsight, we needed a bit of pace up front to run on to Silva's little through balls. Lopes should have started in Dzeko's place

We really need to be playing some hungry younger players in these games.

Exactly this. Otherwise how will ever find out if they are good enough?
Stevie Wonder wearing a blindfold can see that the Negredo & Dzeko partnership simply does not work
so time to shuffle the deck a little up front in these games and look at a few options.

Eccles Blue said:
pudge said:
Eccles Blue said:
I've not read all the pages but just got back and my MOTM was James Milner, Boyata was a liability, there was absolutely no need for that foul and he deserved to be sent off. Lescott played a good Captain's role, if you noticed he was giving instructions and encouraging the players. Garcia had one of his better games and although it was a dreadful result it wasn't too bad a game. If Joe Hart had dropped the ball the way Pants did the flack for him would have sent Bluemoan into overdrive!! IMHO

At this rate with all the games we have to play and pay for there will be nothing left for my kids to inherit!! :-)
I'm not sure if it's worthwhile reading past this part?

Well, as I said it was IMHO but as you didn't read past it you wouldn't have seen that. I was right down at the front and had a good view and that was my reading of the match. :-)

milner was a bit feast or famine today, one minute a great cross the next kicks the ball out of play for no good reason, he wasn't alone quite a few were like this in varying degrees

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.