Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

BigJoe#1 said:
citytill1die84 said:
OB1 said:
Dear Mod,

I got called a four letter word for suggesting Milner had a poor game; any chance you could ban the culprit?

Ban me :) won't have to listen to people like u. It has it's pluses for sure. Because PB is a mod and says Milner was shit he's rite is he?

As a mod PB should know better and be able to express himself clearly without resorting to swearing, that said Milner was poor today. But yes PB was right in what he was trying to convey.
I wasn't swearing at anyone. Milner and Boyata both gave the ball away needlessly on numerous occasions. The saving grace for Milner is that we know what he's capable of on his day. Sadly for Cedric, I suspect we saw exactly what he's capable of today.

And if anyone has problems with a post/poster, please use the Report button.

Thought I might have seen you at Swansea BigJoe. Isn't that your neck of the woods?

Re: "Squad Players" not doing enough.

Agree, the squad does not have the depth it is claimed to have. The amount of games we play players should not moan about being on the bench, show commitment , play well and you will get games.

I hope that City can pick up the performance for the League Cup semi-final.

It looked like a tired performance. Pitch was poor. Very heavy. Don't think that helped our passing.

As some others have commented, please do not play Dzeko and Negredo together again. Disappointing that Jovetic and Rodwell weren't fit, and that Lopes was not trusted

Still in the draw though wish people would stop expecting is to score 300 goals per game Ffs!!!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
BigJoe#1 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Ban me :) won't have to listen to people like u. It has it's pluses for sure. Because PB is a mod and says Milner was shit he's rite is he?

As a mod PB should know better and be able to express himself clearly without resorting to swearing, that said Milner was poor today. But yes PB was right in what he was trying to convey.
I wasn't swearing at anyone. Milner and Boyata both gave the ball away needlessly on numerous occasions. The saving grace for Milner is that we know what he's capable of on his day. Sadly for Cedric, I suspect we saw exactly what he's capable of today.

Thought I might have seen you at Swansea BigJoe. Isn't that your neck of the woods?

I'm almost tempted but I was obviously joking.

You on the other hand did use bad language; even if it was to describe Jimmy's performance.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BigJoe#1 said:
citytill1die84 said:

I was there PB but couldn't make today... Just a stretch too far. To get up at 3:30am and the costs associated for a game of this calibre with what we've got to look forward to is just nor doable for me/us.

Will be there on Weds, give Newcastle a miss and then back for this replay and then back for Cardiff.

German Blues said:
Was a poor performance today, but that's the way football works. Think we've to see it as a wake up call at the right time. At least nothing serious happened.

All the Drama Ballerinas on here take note ;)

They have to come to the Bastille next...

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
The good news is people can finally shut the fuck up about our "squad in depth". Outside the starting 11, it's mediocre.
I agree with this. When I saw we were starting with Panty, Boyata, Garcia, Lescott, Milner and Dzeko, I knew what kind of game we were in for. The passing is slower, telegraphed and not accurate.

My thoughts -
Defence ;
The back line was not brilliant. Nastasic fed too many defensive headers straight back to the opposition, Clichy often ventured forward and it was as well that Rovers were concentrating on Boyata. Lescott was solid enough, but still gave cause for concern. Until his howler, Pantilimon looked safe but to drop the attempt by Gestede was sloppy goalkeeping and it will not him in Pellegrini`s mind to replace Hart any time soon. If anything despite his solid performances recently, it may push Pellegrini to consider one of the many goalkeeping targets that City are supposed to have.
Attack:
Negredo and Dzeko up front simply does not work. They too often run the same channels, and there is no front-post, far-post element to their play. If Dzeko is up there alone he is not often where the creative players expect to find him and all too often attacks break down for that reason.

Ferno City's best player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.