Blackpool accommodation tips pls

Norbreck Castle is a delightful dump.
It is as rough as old toast mate with not a sniff of the travelling value, even their car parking was fully chargeable.

We were on a day trip and on a whim stopped over for the night owing to the weather being nice and sunny. An excellent location close to the charming nearby hamlet of Cleveleys, and in the other direction a beautiful scenic cliff top ramble to Little Bispham and beyond. (About a 30 minute stroll to the Cabin)

After we had nipped into Cleverley's for a tooth brush, clean gruds and provisions, we made our way back to the digs so we could sit outside in their beer garden. The wife had gone to take our emergency supplies back to the room, so I ordered a lager and sat outside. The tables were full, so I sat on the floor by the steps entrance which was full of fag ends and litter and proceeded to take of my baseball cap as it was intensely hot and well into the high 80's.

As I took a slow swallow of my ice cold drink, a family passed me bye laden with suit cases and proceeded to throw a few coins into my upturned hat. All a man could do was nod back in acknowledgment of their generosity..

It's always the case with poorer people being generous to a fault, whilst those with money being more a-typically skitty, which is why I guess they have money in the first place as they don't like the parting with it. I learned this nuance as a kid when we used to go carol singing and mumming, we used to clean up on the estates, but when we went to the posh houses they wouldn't even give us a light!

That night we decided against going to Uncle Toms Cabin as it was too hot to walk, so we stayed in for the entertainment, which to be fair was very good indeed. Anything owned by Britannia group is to be avoided like the plague, including the Savoy. I think they own Pontins group and the Metropole (those poor poor boat people)

Our room wasn't that bad for £39.99 the double. Its old architecture and ambience typifying of a bygone era, and I would imagine back in the day would have been nothing short of grandeur personified with its ornate covings, cornices and delightfully intricate moldings. It remains however one of Blackpool’s oldest buildings that was built as a grand manor house in 1869 by a Mr J Horrocks, for lavish parties to entertain his friends and colleagues.

Have a look at this video blog from a travelling tuber we both subscribe to who's called Walk With Tim:

Anyway that was our worst hotel and our best is still is the Big Big Blue which has the correct balance of price to quality ratio that travel aficionados like our self seek out. We usually travel here for the end end of season when the amazing people down at the TravelZoo put on their upgraded 2 night suite room deal for utter pennies,

It features a splendid luxury gala dinner with bed and full English breakfast, also a free bottle of wine, luxury fireplace suite and free parking. No entertainment however and a little bit of a sterile, but nevertheless a very nice ambience. We have stayed next door at their sister hotel the Boulevard which was pretty, if not a little pretentious with it's pricing. Both being positioned well for the Timothy's Velvet Coaster hostelry. Hoozah!

Last edited:
8xv1sz.jpg

So you nicked her a broom, some Mr Sheen, and a gross worth of bog rolls

When you got back, you said "I've got you some presents".

She shoved the broom stave up your aris, and she became your ex wife.

Am I close? ;-)
Close but no cigar. Her works do, free bar, forgot which floor we were on, horny as hell ( we weren't married then )...the rest is history

Try The Carousel nearer Lytham,that was ok(ish) a couple of years ago
Stayed here on a mid week break and was very happy with our deal. Good entertainment too, so you didn't need to venture out of an evening. Located south shore about half a mile south of the Big Big Blue. Velvet coaster is around a 20-25 minute stroll north of the digs. Nothing south of the Carousel save for Stargate where the trams start their journey to Fleetwood.

Probably the safest and more comfiest
If you want safe then the premier inn North will excite and handy for all all that the town center has to offer. No parking however but handy for the train station. Its a relatively new Premier inn and scores well for satisfaction.

My favorite b and b in Blackpool which never fails to disappoint is The Garnet. Great location for entertainment and a stroll away from Ma Kellys North for their on the hour entertainment venue. Great price at around the £45 mark Double room with a banging full English thrown in for good measure. A cracking set of lads that run it.

Last edited:
Bit further out but regularly stayed at The Bedord in St Anne’s. Great rooms, fantastic food and very reasonably priced.

Took our customers there for a dance weekend for about 8 years. Great family run place.

Some of them even went back for a break on their own time as they had enjoyed the place so much

Bus stop right outside direct into Blackpool.

Think the website is Bedford-hotel.com

The flying handbag just outside Blackpool North, Some one in there will give you a bunk up for the night. If you are desperate for a roof over your head.

If you want safe then the premier inn North will excite and handy for all all that the town center has to offer. No parking however but handy for the train station. Its a relatively new Premier inn and scores well for satisfaction.

My favorite b and b in Blackpool which never fails to disappoint is The Garnet. Great location for entertainment and a stroll away from Ma Kellys North for their on the hour entertainment venue. Great price at around the £45 mark Double room with a banging full English thrown in for good measure. A cracking set of lads that run it.

Smash it Blackpool!

Looked at that Premier Inn sure it was 150 quid 1 night no breakfast

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.