Blackpool v CITY - Official Match Thread

Anyone else concerned about the ref's likely reaction to NDJ's first strong tackle on Sunday? After all the newspaper reaction following the Newcastle game, there must be a real risk of him being singled out. Wouldn't be surprised if Blackpool players did their bit to try to get him booked/sent off either...

Think we will either put them to the sword or have one of those hellish away days where we struggle and make it very hard on ourselves. I don't see the need for much caution against Blackpool. If they score, we can score two surely. Charlie Adam is the one to watch closely, he is talismanic for them.

Sounds like Kompany could be injured though as he missed training, fingers crossed but we have others coming back from injury. Yaya also a big doubt.

Hart / Bridge - Toure - Lescott - Boateng / De Jong - Milner/Barry - Johnson - Silva / Tevez - Adebayor

Mancini may view that as too attacking but if we strike quickly we could shell-shock them and beat them comfortably. Just feel if we pack the midfield again we are in for a grind. Don't think we need to risk Kolarov for Blackpool, maybe a second half appearance if he is fit.

I used to have Blackpool as my second subbuteo team - so I've put 5-10 past them a few times myself. It's not hard - a lot of long range shots by the player with araldite sticking legs to his boots is the key strategy.. so RSC might be playing again this week.

Well they are reading this thread

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=531004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/ ... ?id=531004</a>

(Quite a cocky bunch)

Forzacitizens said:
can someone tell me if milner will be fit please?

in yesterdays training report it didnt say he was out

so i assume he was in full training.

fingers crossed he gets a run in the middle

A couple of comments on your thread about the Blackpool match. Sambastyle hit the nail on the head, on paper we are the ideal opposition, your defence is solid and you counter attack quickly. We are suspect to counter attack and almost expect heart breakers at home. You should win this easily, more important for you than us at this point, we expect to get mullered by the elite teams and win enough against the rest to stay up. However, if Adam and Varney are on form and we get one in early, it could be a cracking game. I've seen a couple of posts about locals wanting to have a go, that's nonsense, we are years away from that mentality and celebrate and respect the world class players and opposition we are facing this year. For those in the home end, cheer and make new friends. We had a thread about malcolm allison today and he was remembered fondly by all as one of the sports great characters. Condolences. The poster that mentioned how cold the east stand can get was not kidding. Layer up. Enjoy breezy Blackpool, leave the thugs at home and have a good knees up, it's what the town was built for.

I work in a Blackpool school and a load of tickets turned up yesterday to give away to kids as they can't sell them! Pissed me off tbh as I know how many Blues would love to go but couldn't get a ticket :/

gynnsquarephoenix said:
A couple of comments on your thread about the Blackpool match. Sambastyle hit the nail on the head, on paper we are the ideal opposition, your defence is solid and you counter attack quickly. We are suspect to counter attack and almost expect heart breakers at home. You should win this easily, more important for you than us at this point, we expect to get mullered by the elite teams and win enough against the rest to stay up. However, if Adam and Varney are on form and we get one in early, it could be a cracking game. I've seen a couple of posts about locals wanting to have a go, that's nonsense, we are years away from that mentality and celebrate and respect the world class players and opposition we are facing this year. For those in the home end, cheer and make new friends. We had a thread about malcolm allison today and he was remembered fondly by all as one of the sports great characters. Condolences. The poster that mentioned how cold the east stand can get was not kidding. Layer up. Enjoy breezy Blackpool, leave the thugs at home and have a good knees up, it's what the town was built for.

Thanks for your comments bud,should be a good game all round tbh...Think you'll do fine this season and will stay up but as teams find out to their cost its season two in the prem that comes back to bite big time... stay up, spend wisely and who knows. :)

LoveCity said:
Sounds like Kompany could be injured though as he missed training, fingers crossed but we have others coming back from injury. Yaya also a big doubt.
I could have sworn that Vincent Kompany appears in one of the latest training pictures. Only Super Mario was missing, apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.