blind faith

Soulboy said:
Blind faith?

Come on mate you can do better than that.

Blind faith is giving the job of manager of the richest club in the world to a man who has never won anything in ten years as a manager, who never brought through one great youth player, who had no experience of dealing with major transfers and top-quality players. Appointing him, giving him £200m to spend... based on no evidence that he would ever succeed... THAT'S blind faith.

Appointing a manager who has won Italian cups, three Italian league titles, competed in the Champions League, had signed and dealt with numerous star players... that's playing the percentages. That's giving yourself some chance of success based on the fact that he has done it before.

He's been in charge for a dozen games, he's spent next to nothing, his transfer targets were cocked up by others, for fuck's sake... can I use a "Hughsie moment" and say... judge him when it's HIS team!

Is he the man for the job? No one knows for sure. But I'm more than prepared to let him see this season out... AND next season... before I will feel morivated to start calling for his head.

Win against Bolton on Tuesday and we go level 4th. with a game in hand.

Grow some balls man!

well said...Bobby manc was expecting to have Gago and mariga in the squad for yesterdays game...it was not his fault that they werent there.

who's to say that Bobby has'nt identified where we are weak and tried to do something about it ??

The powers that be let him down in the window...

I'm not sure we can read anything into the shape of the team this early in the piece. I think Mancini is experimenting with the team and players he's got several of whom have only just became available.

I didn't see the Hull game, but the Pompey one for me was more about the players and a bit of a hangover from the cup. You can tell by his comments that isn't how he wants us to play.

But he's only been here a couple of months, most of that time with at least 4 genuine first team players missing. With players coming back, the cup to come and hopefully a general lift in the malaise of the last couple of weeks I expect to see very different performances.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Clubber said:
We have have only lost 3 games under Mancini.

Rags away - Despite the hatred, they are in the top 2 of the prem.

Everton away - Usually a top 6 side that have just hit a rich vein of form

We only lost 2 under Hughes.
Rags away where we gave them a real fright and scored three. We never looked like doing that in the second leg.
Spurs away where he got the team selection and tactics wrong but they are also a top 6 side. But we sacked him on the strength of that game.

Wasn't on the strength of that game at all.Burnley picked up their only away point of the season at our place,they have lost all 11 of their other away games,Hull also picked a point up at ours,we threw away a 2 goal lead against Fulham,the players we're not playing for him,although we can take some credit from the derby game we pegged the rags back three times only to be beat at the death.

If Mancini's team selections and tactics are being brought into question,weren't those of Mark Hughes?

Soulboy said:
Blind faith?

Come on mate you can do better than that.

Blind faith is giving the job of manager of the richest club in the world to a man who has never won anything in ten years as a manager, who never brought through one great youth player, who had no experience of dealing with major transfers and top-quality players. Appointing him, giving him £200m to spend... based on no evidence that he would ever succeed... THAT'S blind faith.

Appointing a manager who has won Italian cups, three Italian league titles, competed in the Champions League, had signed and dealt with numerous star players... that's playing the percentages. That's giving yourself some chance of success based on the fact that he has done it before.

He's been in charge for a dozen games, he's spent next to nothing, his transfer targets were cocked up by others, for fuck's sake... can I use a "Hughsie moment" and say... judge him when it's HIS team!

Is he the man for the job? No one knows for sure. But I'm more than prepared to let him see this season out... AND next season... before I will feel morivated to start calling for his head.

Win against Bolton on Tuesday and we go level 4th. with a game in hand.

Grow some balls man!
Well said.

still not one post justifying his present line/set up, and actually vindicating it, with what it actually brings to the team.

i keep reading about experimenting, and trying things etc, but nothing as to what is actually working, and why it is working.

and that is why the title is blind faith, because i see lots of backers, but other than he is a new manager with a reputation, the proof is in the pudding.

i will start the ball rolling, i thought the way he narrowed the defence in his first few games worked and stopped the opposition exploting the gaping channels.

i must confess my fears are based on the number of holding midfielders, the lack of width, the waste of ireland, the square pegs in round hole policy, the isolation and lack of service for the strikers and the cautious approach to every match.

vincent said:
fathellensbellend said:
for everyone who has raised doubts about mancini's ability, there have been a number who have shot the arguement down in flames, and slated the doubters, but i have not read one response anywhere where the shape and the team selection can be justified, so i throw down the gauntlet to anyone who can offer up sensible reasoned responses as to what mancini is currently doing with the side, and what the plan is.

lets try and do this without getting personal, and insulting.

Perhaps, we should give a manger more that 12 games before questioning someone's ability. He is experimenting and for the short term will get some things wrong.

how hard is it to see we have no shape whatsoever?

de niro said:
vincent said:
Perhaps, we should give a manger more that 12 games before questioning someone's ability. He is experimenting and for the short term will get some things wrong.

But after his first 8 games in charge he was the Messiah... now after the next 4 he's clueless!

Talk about knee jerkers ruling the world!

de niro said:
vincent said:

i thought staurt pearce was abysmal, but at least he could point to having no tools, we have an amazing sqaud, surely some attacking intent, with players in position would be a step in the right direction.

when bellamy went off yesterday to be replaced by vieira (who did ok) i was astonished, we needed to stretch the pitch but we only got narrower.

Soulboy said:
de niro said:

But after his first 8 games in charge he was the Messiah... now after the next 4 he's clueless!

Talk about knee jerkers ruling the world!

so you cannot give an answer to the opening post either.

de niro said:

Do you think the way we've played the last two matches is the way Mancini wants us to play?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.