blind faith

stonerblue said:
fathellensbellend said:
for everyone who has raised doubts about mancini's ability, there have been a number who have shot the arguement down in flames, and slated the doubters, but i have not read one response anywhere where the shape and the team selection can be justified, so i throw down the gauntlet to anyone who can offer up sensible reasoned responses as to what mancini is currently doing with the side, and what the plan is.

lets try and do this without getting personal, and insulting.

In no way am i calling for his head, but he does confuse me sometimes and i have a few worry meself regarding his teams.

Boyata/Onouha- I know he has no choice but to play new players in a proper game but surely Ned should start before Boyata or Zab (at full back) if he's fit.

What is the idea behind having two left wingers on when SWP is on the bench? Andmore worryingly, why is SWP on the bench in the first place?

Wondered that myself yesterday. Can only imagine Dedryck is impressing more than Ned in training. The lad was shown up for what he is yesterday though, a quality young player, but prone to making daft decisions (getting rid of that that will come with experience)

Really disappointing yesterday, but I've got that blind faith, always have. Roll on Tuesday.

success, at last discussing the team properly without insulting each other.

de niro, you make a point if he cannot get his message across, is his lack of english having an impact, it certainly cannot help.

fathellensbellend said:
success, at last discussing the team properly without insulting each other.

de niro, you make a point if he cannot get his message across, is his lack of english having an impact, it certainly cannot help.

i reckon he overcomplicates every aspect of the game, too much thinking almost, hughes did not do enough.

Whilst a good Post, can we all get a grip, unless anybody on this forum has access to the team talk or game plan how can we comment?

With these players there is form for the capitulation s well as the majestic, 2 months into the job it could have been a lot worse and if we are honest (FLC aside) are we realisticaly more than 3 pts away from where we could be since Bobby arrived?

Our expectation has been lifted considerably as it should be, trying different game plans with the players at his disposal is what he should be doing as a coach, cant believe many are already questioning Bobby. never mind blind faith.

KEEP THE FAITH!!

CTID

forza Mancini

De Jong and Barry have played together for most of the season. The defence picked itself yesterday through injuries (Richards, Kompany & Lescott were injured). The forwards were the form forwards. Adebayor scored last week, Tevez has been brilliant, and Bellamy always puts a shift in

We were on the back foot from the start because Hull sensed weakness in Toure/Boyata. We knew this would happen in advance, but there wasn't much we could do about it with the players available

SWP and Petrov omissions are a smokescreen. I much prefer Bellamy to Petrov away from home, and SWP was rubbish at Utd.

Johnson may well have played himself into the starting line-up, but how many would have started him?

Combination of a home team playing very well, injuries, and poor attitude lost us that game. Tactics has nothing to do with it

He is trying to understand the side we have, questions like:

Who should start?
How good is he?
Should I pull him out of the youth squad?
Who is best at the back?
Can he do a job there if needs be?
Who is good coming off the bench?
Who plays best on the left and can they play on the right, too?
What is the best formation for this type of game, and what for that type of game?

You know basic stuff.

It's what you need to do to be successful. How long did Baconface take before he got it right?

I am in sales and it is widely believed that until a salesman can build relationships and understand the business, then results will be sparse. It is also widely believed and accepted that this usually takes between 8 and 18 months!

Let him play, let him tinker, let him find out the weak spots and positive areas so he can address them. It's called structure, something this club doesn't seem to have had in its diet for a very long time. We may be a bit ragged for a while, but it will come good eventually. If in 1 and half seasons (18 months) things haven't improved, call for his head if you want?

fathellensbellend said:
anyone who can offer up sensible reasoned responses as to what mancini is currently doing with the side, and what the plan is.

Roberto Mancini said:
I haven't got a fucking clue so there'sa no chance that you can.

People saying we should give him time are justified to that opinion but it just highlights why sacking Hughes was a daft decision. Every manager takes time to get things their way and this season being a great chance to get to fourth is not the season to be giving a new manager 'time'. While Mancini is working out his best team and some kind of coherent system we are losing ground. And there is no evidence he is getting closer to deciding on a team or formation. He's our manager now and we should stick with him at least until the end of the season but I fear that even by that time he still won't have any idea what his best team is or what style he wants us to play.

I think its fair to discuss each individual game afterwards, its only what the coaches themselves would be doing, analysing the performances individually and the team as a whole.

Last week worried me at home to Portsmouth when I saw Kompany remonstrating with Mancini from the centre circle as the ball was out of play at the Portsmouth end. Plenty of arms being thrown in the air from both parties. I also Petrov do a similar thing later on in the same game. Petrov alone doing this wouldn't have bothered me but I think quite a few of our players are struggling to come to terms with Mancini's style of coaching. Watch every substitution we make and watch Mancini discuss his tactics for the oncoming player for up to 5 minutes at a time, he has a sheet of paper with it all down, not saying this is a bad thing but how much info can you take on board and give out in an instant on the pitch.

It's early days and I'm certain this team won't be next season's team and that could apply to both players and management. I do wonder how Nedum must be feeling, England U21 captain, signed a five year contract last season, Toure goes to Africa and Lescott's out injured and in all probability must think here's my chance to stake a claim only to be dropped down the pecking order for a relatively unknown kid. Not slagging Boyata as he's been very good but Nedum must be thinking it's time to look elsewhere at this stage of his career. Barry does not look happy to me, neither did Bellamy yesterday and Stephen Ireland looks completely lost. Of course it could all turn around in a handful of games and a few wins to stake a claim for that coveted fourth spot would be marvellous. If I was a betting man I would'nt put money on it though.

With the mentality amongst our support we'll be changing manager every season for the forseeable future, and in time the hope and expectation will die

Time for our supporters to show their mettle.

Some fans say City have no history and traditon. We might not have many trophies in the cabinet, but City fans have stood together for 34 years. We're not going to give up now in the middle of one of our best seasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.