Block 544

I was sat in 543 so got a pretty good idea of what was going on.

What surprises me tho, is that why was there no stewards stood on the turnstiles turning these fans away that were clearly in Sunderland clothing?

The stewarding at Wembley is shocking, and i just get the impression that they are saving money wherever they can so they can try and get some money back on the stadium.

For what its worth their were two Sunderland fans sat directly behind me wearing half and half scarfs, which some might suggest is worse than Sunderland shirts, they didn't utter a word throughout the game and even stayed behind to watch the ceremony, i don't mind that at all but where did the others that were goading and jumping up and down actually think it was going to end!

They were sat 4 seats away from me and deserved everything they got ended up drinking to the early hours with a few mackems and they agreed with me said they were not proper fans who go every week but just try and turn up for the big games no one seriously hurt I think though they wouldn't have felt it how pissed they was!

chris85mcfc said:

What surprises me tho, is that why was there no stewards stood on the turnstiles turning these fans away that were clearly in Sunderland clothing?

The stewarding at Wembley is shocking, and i just get the impression that they are saving money wherever they can so they can try and get some money back on the stadium.

For what its worth their were two Sunderland fans sat directly behind me wearing half and half scarfs, which some might suggest is worse than Sunderland shirts, they didn't utter a word throughout the game and even stayed behind to watch the ceremony, i don't mind that at all but where did the others that were goading and jumping up and down actually think it was going to end!

Stewarding is non-existent. The one by 234 was a young girl probably 20/21. Mind you she was good at holding open the door. Also, replica shirts are banned in club Wembley but when you get inside you can buy retro ones and scarves!

Selbyblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

Stewarding is non-existent. The one by 234 was a young girl probably 20/21. Mind you she was good at holding open the door. Also, replica shirts are banned in club Wembley but when you get inside you can buy retro ones and scarves!

We were having a beer on the concourse about 1pm and there were loads of cleaners walking up and down picking up litter but didn't see any stewards, just your usual jobsworths with a hi viz on saying 'supervisor'.

You'd think they would have learn't their lesson after Millwall last season but i genuinely don't think their interested, as long as the big wigs who run the place have got a decent bottom line at the end of the year their not bothered what goes on during the games.

On the other hand, I can't think of any reason why you would buy a ticket in the opposition end. How can you actually enjoy the occasion when your either sat on your hands all game with your mouth shut, or getting your face pummeled for cheering a goal, surely neither are worth the £200 they paid.

chris85mcfc said:
Selbyblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

We were having a beer on the concourse about 1pm and there were loads of cleaners walking up and down picking up litter but didn't see any stewards, just your usual jobsworths with a hi viz on saying 'supervisor'.

You'd think they would have learn't their lesson after Millwall last season but i genuinely don't think their interested, as long as the big wigs who run the place have got a decent bottom line at the end of the year their not bothered what goes on during the games.

On the other hand, I can't think of any reason why you would buy a ticket in the opposition end. How can you actually enjoy the occasion when your either sat on your hands all game with your mouth shut, or getting your face pummeled for cheering a goal, surely neither are worth the £200 they paid.

I agree.

Its personal choice though and these guys were desperate to see their team at Wembley after so many years. Loads came down for the full weekend and spent a fortune on it knowing that the chances are they probably won't be going again any time soon.

Selbyblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
Selbyblue said:

I agree.

Its personal choice though and these guys were desperate to see their team at Wembley after so many years. Loads came down for the full weekend and spent a fortune on it knowing that the chances are they probably won't be going again any time soon.

no, it's not like if they beat Hull in the FA Cup Quarters that they'll be back for the Semi-Final.

chris85mcfc said:
Selbyblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

Eh? I've sat in dozens and dozens of opposition ends through the years. I will be doing it in Barcelona next week, along with hundreds of other blues.

If that's your only option that's what you do. But you have to have your wits about you and behave appropriately. Sounds like these tools blew hundreds of quid, got attacked and missed the game. Not their finest hour.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Selbyblue said:
chris85mcfc said:

I agree.

no, it's not like if they beat Hull in the FA Cup Quarters that they'll be back for the Semi-Final.

I see what he's saying tho, that for teams like Sunderland the opportunity of watching their team in a final at Wembley might not come round too often so make the most of it.

The thing is isn't their average attendance pretty poor this year, surely every season ticket holder would have got a ticket for wembley? So perhaps if these clowns that were in our end went to watch their team a bit more often then they wouldn't be in the situation they ended up in yesterday. The daft thing is that £200 could have probably paid half towards a season ticket!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.