Blood pressure

My doc has me monitoring my blood pressure daily.
They tell me to take three readings and record the lowest.

They think I’m on 10 mg amlodipine. What they don’t know is that 10 mg causes erectile “issues” for me whereas the previous 5 mg didn’t.
So I cut the 10 mg in half…
Steady on, Dennis. You might end up with more than you'd bargained for.

I had a 24 hour monitor fitted last week and my average reading was 149/94, highest one was 171/100. Got a GP appointment this week. I want to try and reduce it through lifestyle choices rather than go straight on more pills. Anyone else found they could lower such high readings?
How much caffeine is in your diet?
Wifey found that cutting right down on caffeine has hugely helped in reducing her BP

I never considered that. I drink at least 10 cups of strong tea a day
Reading your earlier post, you certainly need to cut down on the beer. Try only having two or three on a Friday and Saturday and also cut your caffeinated tea down to two cups per day. If your body is crying out for a drink, have a glass of water

When I had my new heart valve I had a long chat with the cardiologist. He told me that doctors talk to doctors about patients and they hold beliefs that are not really in text books.
One thing they agree on is BP is directly related to weight. Basically if you lose 10 KG (22lbs) your BP will reduce by between 10 and 15%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.