Blood pressure

Mine is up a lot , done a weeks diary and going to see the nurse again this after , she said take two readings and note down the second , the third is often better but i am doing what i am told

Reactions: ob
What's causing your high blood pressure?
We havent got that far yet , probably need to lose weight again and my diet has been shit for a year again, before that my pressure was mega low , i also have probs with excerse due to my bad hips and legs , we will work it out , both my brothers have had heart attacks so it is concerning which puts it up higher ! Also have anxiety on other health probs at the minute

Mine is up a lot , done a weeks diary and going to see the nurse again this after , she said take two readings and note down the second , the third is often better but i am doing what i am told
I was told by a nurse that usually the first one is high because you are anxious about doing it, and worried what the result will be, last time I did it 3 times, and the 3rd one was the lowest.

I’m in the middle of waiting for cancer diagnostic and my usually normal BP is going crazy . I used AskmyGP when it reached 200/105, they never contacted me that day so I entered to a walk in urgent care clinic and it was 220/125 You get seen pretty quick when it does that . I am now on low BP pills and feeling much better.

I’m in the middle of waiting for cancer diagnostic and my usually normal BP is going crazy . I used AskmyGP when it reached 200/105, they never contacted me that day so I entered to a walk in urgent care clinic and it was 220/125 You get seen pretty quick when it does that . I am now on low BP pills and feeling much better.
I had a similar experience. I was asked to measure my bp and handed in the little slip the machine gives you. Similar results to you. Receptionist told me to do it again…..and again. She called a GP who took one look and gave me a prescription for blood pressure pills. Sorted!

I had a similar experience. I was asked to measure my bp and handed in the little slip the machine gives you. Similar results to you. Receptionist told me to do it again…..and again. She called a GP who took one look and gave me a prescription for blood pressure pills. Sorted!
i got sent to a and e with 223 over 120 had me on heart moniters the lot.couldnt find what caused it but medication has it down to about 140 over 85

Once you're on BP tablets, the chances are you're on them for life.

I started out on them and did not like the side effects, like feeling tired on a regular basis. But the Doc said it was too dangerous to take me off them - too much risk of stroke. Eventually, he changed the type of BP tablets. I'm not sure I'm any better off, but at my age being knackered all the time is pretty standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.