Blood pressure

I went to one of those our future health he took my blood pressure I knew when he looked at the result and looked at me he said it’s high 180/100 took it again and it dropped slightly told me to go to the doctors I said have you tried getting a face to face appointment these days !!
Don't ignore it, get a telephone appointment if you can. Cut down on caffiene and booze if you indulge in those. Maybe lose a bit of weight if your not slim.

High BP is dangerous. My missus had it and it caused an occlusion in a vein behind her eye, nearly lost her vision, now she has to have a horrible injection in her eyeball every month.....forever. Who'd a thought?

My blood pressure is ok but my Apple Watch has be terrified, it tells me my resting heart rate has dropped over the last two weeks. It’s now 57bpm. Damn you technology.

My blood pressure is ok but my Apple Watch has be terrified, it tells me my resting heart rate has dropped over the last two weeks. It’s now 57bpm. Damn you technology.
My Apple Watch said I had Atrial Fibrillation. 24 hour ECG showed no issues and the watch was still showing AF during that 24 hour period. Cardiology have given me the all clear. Smart watches are a curse at times.

Amlodipine got mine done to 125/82 and my GP is happy with that.
Only down side is a slight side affect of swollen ankles but it only really happens when the temperature is high.

Nothing to worry about pal.

Don't ignore it, get a telephone appointment if you can. Cut down on caffiene and booze if you indulge in those. Maybe lose a bit of weight if your not slim.

High BP is dangerous. My missus had it and it caused an occlusion in a vein behind her eye, nearly lost her vision, now she has to have a horrible injection in her eyeball every month.....forever. Who'd a thought?
I very rarely drink alcohol I drink decaf tea but I may have a couple of Latte’s a day I will be a bit overweight so I can certainly work on that after Christmas

Just been for my health check up (56yr old ) . Nurse has took blood for PSA, , chloresteral, liver ect . She took my blood pressure which is 126/80 and said that’s good do you exercise a lot ? Not really..
Got home and thought I would Google it , it says 126/80 is pre-hypertension .. Came out proud of myself now slightly worried. Get my blood results on weds hope the doc will clarify or do we have any medical people on here that can help .
'Normal' can go up to 140! All depends on the individual - 140 might be good for someone and catastrophic for others. I always have the best of 'three' as it's the last 'un that gives the best reading. I might go to the best of five in the New Year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.