Blood pressure

Don't know how others do on here but my blood pressure is always high (say 160/95) first reading. I wait a minute or 2 try again and down it goes. The 3rd attempt gives me my actual normal of 130/70.

Some of us are like that I understand but I'm afraid I would have been on blood pressure tablets ifi didn't tell whichever doc or nurse checks my 6 monthly health visits.

Just been for my health check up (56yr old ) . Nurse has took blood for PSA, , chloresteral, liver ect . She took my blood pressure which is 126/80 and said that’s good do you exercise a lot ? Not really..
Got home and thought I would Google it , it says 126/80 is pre-hypertension .. Came out proud of myself now slightly worried. Get my blood results on weds hope the doc will clarify or do we have any medical people on here that can help .
No that's ok

Don't know how others do on here but my blood pressure is always high (say 160/95) first reading. I wait a minute or 2 try again and down it goes. The 3rd attempt gives me my actual normal of 130/70.

Some of us are like that I understand but I'm afraid I would have been on blood pressure tablets ifi didn't tell whichever doc or nurse checks my 6 monthly health visits.
Mine is similar but not great when I'm at the Docs. It's called white coat syndrome.

My doc has me monitoring my blood pressure daily.
They tell me to take three readings and record the lowest.

They think I’m on 10 mg amlodipine. What they don’t know is that 10 mg causes erectile “issues” for me whereas the previous 5 mg didn’t.
So I cut the 10 mg in half…

They think I’m on 10 mg amlodipine. What they don’t know is that 10 mg causes erectile “issues” for me whereas the previous 5 mg didn’t.
The doc warned me that it might cause erectile dysfunction. I replied:
”That’s nothing new.”

I was told to take three readings. Discard the first then take an average of the other two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.