Blood pressure

Had my annual medication review with my GP a few months ago and was asked to self monitor my blood pressure for a week beforehand.
It was amazing how much it fluctuated at different times of the day, depending on what exercise I'd done or what I'd eaten. The biggest impact seemed to be if I'd had some booze the previous evening. I'm not a massive drinker these days, but it was amazing to see the impact of a few drinks.

Get the whole beetroot..forget stuff in a package..
And do what with it? Boil it? I found a beet, apple, celery and carrot mix to put in a blender. Again though that looks like a lot of sugar, albeit natural

The main cause is lifestyle.

GP's are being lazy and negligent if that is not addressed.

That's why he had a bunch of other things tested to see if there was anything obvious, and his main interest was in getting bp down from 'my goodness, those are big numbers'.
Lifestyle change can't make a change overnight - and some things were said at a later visit.

That's why he had a bunch of other things tested to see if there was anything obvious, and his main interest was in getting bp down from 'my goodness, those are big numbers'.
Lifestyle change can't make a change overnight - and some things were said at a later visit.

I'm asking if he only offered Meds,which it seems he did not as they were prescribed in the first instance......i take it the follow up visits will hopefully eliminate medical issue and,if relevant,lifestyle will be addressed and advice given.

That is what every GP should be doing,although i guess workload burden somewhat hinders that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.