Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

The Good Friday agreement basically gave the paramilitaries a free pass and wiped the slate clean for some pretty vile murderers.

The same courtesy was not extended to the British military personnel whe were in essence doing all they could with the resources they had to protect the live of innocent people, both in the province and on the mainland.

The GFA was far from fair.

Easier said than done if one of your loved ones was murdered, I’d imagine
See the next post by Trevor Morley for a sensible answer.
All sides need to move on, like they did in South Africa.
Otherwise the bitterness and hatred will just go on forever.
And nobody benefits from that sort of attitude.

The Good Friday agreement basically gave the paramilitaries a free pass and wiped the slate clean for some pretty vile murderers.

The same courtesy was not extended to the British military personnel whe were in essence doing all they could with the resources they had to protect the live of innocent people, both in the province and on the mainland.

Well I would disagree. The GFA did no such thing, although the authorities may not have pursued so called terrorists as ardently as family victims did of the security forces that were supposed to be keeping the peace.
The only reason I say supposed terrorists, is that there is the crux of the issue with those that are pursuing the paratroopers in the Bloody Sunday, as an example.

These people were not terrorists and whether they believed in it or not they were British civilians and this would not have been tolerated anywhere else in Britain.

Listen I don’t want to go over that old wound but more recently the Stormont House Agreement was in 2014 and it didn’t grant any amnesty to paramilitary atrocities prior to the GFA either.

As I said in a previous post. This doesn’t just affect British soldiers accused of crimes, it also affects killed soldiers families who have no recourse to the law if amnesty is granted. Because amnesty will also have to include paramilitaries.

I’m not saying Yae or Nae to the amnesty idea either. But as recent as 2014 everyone signed up to a process that didn’t choose to forget any of the victims and Boris, it seems, has yet again chosen to go were the votes are and piss on relationships outside of England.

Last edited:

That's a misunderstanding of the GFA

What, that murderers were releases from prison whilst soldiers still have potential prosecutions hanging over them for their actions in the same conflict?
Well the vast majority werent murderers....but they were actually tried and convicted.....they were then released on licence (some being returned to jail for later breaking the law)...something that we, as a country/society (NI), considered deeply and then agreed upon as the best way to move forward....ultimately creating the peace we know today.....that same peace which now hangs in balance due to decisions not made by us but in spite of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.