Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

Should be the same for all parties in the peace process.
It should.
Explain then how the military are usually in charge of investigations into military misdemeanours?
There was decades of whitewashing the issues. You wouldn’t even have the military policing in any other part of Britain.

Listen, I’m not against the discussion of Amnesty, although I may not be typical of all Irish attitude.
But pissing on the GFA and now the SHA of 2014 like Boris is doing is no way of doing things.

For all those so down on the GFA in particular, can you not see that the DUP who never supported it and want to bring it down are using it as their only defence, because it suits them now.
And the UUP who did sign up to it are also quoting it as their protection against the NIP and the border down the Irish Sea.
Because that is the truth. The only thing they can rely on is the GFA, not the British government and the irony is they would get the backing of the Irish government on this far quicker.

Bump.
Not "Bloody Sunday", but a similar trial of 2 former soldiers involved in a shooting in April 1972 has collapsed and the pair of them have been formally acquitted by a Judge.
The 2 ex soldiers are now in their 70s and both had pleaded not guilty to murder.
It's crazy that they keep having these trials about incidents that happened almost 50 years ago.
It's time that Republicans accepted that alot of people from all 3 sides died ,and that they should move themselves into the 21st century.
Time is a great healer,so I am told.
Just read that the Para's are not going to be prosecuted now.
The families have been told today, though are expected to appeal.

Just read that the Para's are not going to be prosecuted now.
The families have been told today, though are expected to appeal.
Yes, I noticed that the charges were going to be dropped earlier this morning.
I also remember that one of the soldiers legal team mentioned that it was about time that these " witch hunts" were stopped, as they serve no useful purpose.
The GFA gave a lot of criminals in Ulster pardons for crimes they had committed during "The Troubles".
It now looks like the same has been accorded to the troops who served in Ulster during those chaotic times.

I also remember that one of the soldiers legal team mentioned that it was about time that these " witch hunts" were stopped, as they serve no useful purpose.
The GFA gave a lot of criminals in Ulster pardons for crimes they had committed during "The Troubles".
It now looks like the same has been accorded to the troops who served in Ulster during those chaotic times.
hats off to the the legal teams, they’ve done an exceptional job this year on behalf of our veterans

Yes many criminals were pardoned AFTER they were charged and convicted.
The same has not been accorded to those troops as they have never been tried and then convicted/acquitted/pardoned/whatever... that would be justice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.