Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

bainy said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
what I noticed was the Kippax starting one song while the SS start another and that killed half the songs.

as stated 2800 fans all singing creates a fantastic noise.
i dont think we need a massive end, we had this in the kippax and this could be quiet at times.
Theres more than 2800 blues in the south stand lower and lower corner - these are the 'singing area's', just imagine if they all sang together on a more regular basis - problem (if there is one!) solved!!

i noticed that, our fans on both sides couldnt get a song going because of the noise from BD fans and because they were trying to start different songs.

now i know we've tried operation one end last season, IMO (and others from reading on here) this didnt work because the seats in blocks 114~216 were taken up by supporters who didnt sing. For the 2x remaining champions league games, as an exercise, why cant we swap (as a mirror image) the south stand singers with the away blocks, ie. 117 move to 116, 118 to 115, 119 to 114 (and do the same with the first tier). this would create 1x section of noisy City fans all trying to sing the same songs and also allow people to find their seats easily (mirror image).

i think we have a lot of fans who want to sing & create a better atmosphere, i am also convinced that the way the ground is set up makes it more difficult to generate a consistent level of noise.

on wednesday a lot of the BD noise were 'chants' which to me means shouting, there is a difference with City fans where we 'sing' which doesnt always mean shouting. now were not going to change that one overnight so we shouldnt beat ourselves up too much over it

it is constantly said that the atmosphere away is better than at home, thats a really strange comment when you consider >40,000 versus <3,000. so what are the differences? friends standing next to friends so a song / chant gets a good start? at away ends you never really stand / sit in your allocated place, why not try this one in a section at home matches, ie. a ticket for a range of blocks. the singing section could be blocked off in the concourse as per the away end so that only those with the designated 'area ticket' could access, this gets us back to the old kippax days when you got in a bit earlier to guarantee your favourite position

i think the Blue Alliance do a great job, the extra flags (and the variation) that are coming to the stadium are fantastic. It would be better if some weights could be tied to the bottom to stop them blowing back into the seats on the 1st tier, but other than that great

Atmos has been poor this season.

Too many people waiting for things to happen. I'm in 117 and sing regularly but must admit never start anything off apart from a home made shocker against the rags about VDS.

What I do find annoying is other parts of the ground moaning about the lack of singing.

It's been well known now for a few seasons where the singing etc is in the ground so for those of you saying 'I get get grief when I stand/shout etc' relocate. There may well not be loads of seats available but there are odd seats around to move to.

As for the way forward, we either need to sing at each other and I don't mean a little 'Your not famous' type stuff perhaps alternate lines of songs? Can you imagine the South Stand doing the Yaya and the Singing section coming back with Kolo over and over again? or the club need to sort out a proper Operation One End for next season but this time without daytrippers in the middle which actually made the atmos worse.

Edit just seen it's already been mentioned in the thread. On the plus side it's not just one mans dream ;)

So to summarise, we need a drum, some geezer with a microphone, hymn sheets and choir practices and we will have an atmosphere as good as it always was at Maine Road.

OK.

johnny on the spot said:
Let's face it, we're English and shit at this kind of thing.

Bollocks,years back the atmosphere in England was the envy of whole western Europe.

Other than that English and German are not really any different (well not a lot at least) mentality wise, so if we managed to bring life back to our stadiums then you can do as well.

Rangers/Celtics prooved that it is working fine for them, maybe on a smaller scale than in Germany, but hey...Rome wasn´t built on a day. Lots of German groups exist since the mid 90s and believe me..the start was never easy for us either. We had exactly (and sometimes still have) the same discussions that you have just now.

"We are shit, its the wrong mentality, I dont want a guy with a megaphone telling me what to sing"

Just requires less talk, more action and some patience as the Ethiad won´t be a Cauldron just next week. Just as everything in life it will take some effort and a lots of persuasion to tear down the barriers a lot of the "old school" people still have in their heads.

Bembeltown said:
johnny on the spot said:

Bollocks,years back the atmosphere in England was the envy of whole western Europe.

Other than that English and German are not really any different (well not a lot at least) mentality wise, so if we managed to bring life back to our stadiums then you can do as well.

Rangers/Celtics prooved that it is working fine for them, maybe on a smaller scale than in Germany, but hey...Rome wasn´t built on a day. Lots of German groups exist since the mid 90s and believe me..the start was never easy for us either. We had exactly (and sometimes still have) the same discussions that you have just now.

"We are shit, its the wrong mentality, I dont want a guy with a megaphone telling me what to sing"

Just requires less talk, more action and some patience as the Ethiad won´t be a Cauldron just next week. Just as everything in life it will take some effort and a lots of persuasion to tear down the barriers a lot of the "old school" people still have in their heads.

good post the thing about the english being reserved is a load of BS go to any festival or club and you will see.

ellibb said:
bainy said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
what I noticed was the Kippax starting one song while the SS start another and that killed half the songs.

as stated 2800 fans all singing creates a fantastic noise.
i dont think we need a massive end, we had this in the kippax and this could be quiet at times.
Theres more than 2800 blues in the south stand lower and lower corner - these are the 'singing area's', just imagine if they all sang together on a more regular basis - problem (if there is one!) solved!!

i noticed that, our fans on both sides couldnt get a song going because of the noise from BD fans and because they were trying to start different songs.

now i know we've tried operation one end last season, IMO (and others from reading on here) this didnt work because the seats in blocks 114~216 were taken up by supporters who didnt sing. For the 2x remaining champions league games, as an exercise, why cant we swap (as a mirror image) the south stand singers with the away blocks, ie. 117 move to 116, 118 to 115, 119 to 114 (and do the same with the first tier). this would create 1x section of noisy City fans all trying to sing the same songs and also allow people to find their seats easily (mirror image).

i think we have a lot of fans who want to sing & create a better atmosphere, i am also convinced that the way the ground is set up makes it more difficult to generate a consistent level of noise.

on wednesday a lot of the BD noise were 'chants' which to me means shouting, there is a difference with City fans where we 'sing' which doesnt always mean shouting. now were not going to change that one overnight so we shouldnt beat ourselves up too much over it

it is constantly said that the atmosphere away is better than at home, thats a really strange comment when you consider >40,000 versus <3,000. so what are the differences? friends standing next to friends so a song / chant gets a good start? at away ends you never really stand / sit in your allocated place, why not try this one in a section at home matches, ie. a ticket for a range of blocks. the singing section could be blocked off in the concourse as per the away end so that only those with the designated 'area ticket' could access, this gets us back to the old kippax days when you got in a bit earlier to guarantee your favourite position

i think the Blue Alliance do a great job, the extra flags (and the variation) that are coming to the stadium are fantastic. It would be better if some weights could be tied to the bottom to stop them blowing back into the seats on the 1st tier, but other than that great

I agree with swapping the away fans with the south stand, if we can't move them completely to do operation one end, then if we have all the singers together in one section, then we have no clash of songs etc. Safe Standing is going to be the one that makes the difference, but who knows when, or if, thats going to happen, we need to do something now to improve.

Bembeltown said:
johnny on the spot said:

Great post. Well said.

Blackcrowes said:
I am an old fart 48 but have always cheered / shouted even tried to sing ...

My son is 10 and gets really embarrassed if I make any tribal noise. I have noticed that other kids and cool 20 some-things are the same. If you look at the Dortmund fans last night they all contributed because it was cool to be part of the pack. We need to breed the same culture. This happens on occasion at away games e.g. Fulham last week when a group congregate at the back of the stand and generate atmosphere that most joined in with.... it was again about being part of the pack. We need all fans to recognise its cool and therapy to shout / sing and make noise and not something to be embarrassed about. Booze seems to help everyone get in the mood.

Some of the best fans at our place always have some sort of percussion (drum or similar) and a director of the songs. The visual and audible impact seems to be best with fans that have repetitive songs and or collective movements e.g. bouncing, swaying or Poznan style link ups. Hamburg away a few years ago everyone in the lower tier banged their metal seats for ages to the song never felt more like singing the blues ....... It was brilliant.

Hear, Hear Bluecrow 100% behind "percussion & a Director" I would even put my name forward however instead of embarrassing our younger generation (I am 48 & have always sung @ every match unaided by any alcohol what so ever) I sit in the 2nd tier Block 212 under NEVILLE'S TV BOX in the South Stand. Ok I admit I am litterally 6/7 feet away from the Away fans but would sing aload any where for OUR beloved CHAMPIONS :) I am sure there would be plenty of volunteers amongst the young Blues.

Yunno if they worked it out, the club could arrange to pull the music down across the south stand say, but retain the early-teens-party vibe they're so fixated with across the rest of the stadium. Easily done with a soundsystem as powerful as City's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.