Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

would love to get something like this going at City.."Mancini's" "Blue and White Army"..if you watch the whole clip, you'll see they get different parts of the stadium involved one by one..I've seen it done at a full house at Parkhead, and it's a good laugh, but also very intimidating
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OuRIodTJtQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Dortmund the other night were incredible I thought!

If you look at all the European sides with great atmospheres they all use different ways to make noise. clapping, jumping, drums and stuff. We aren't going to improve our atmosphere because theres a couple of hundred people in the same section singing mancini and come on city for 10 minutes.

We need to be more creative and use synchronised clapping and a drum to be loud. If people don't want to be near drums then move away from this section!

I think this is a big opportunity to make a change and have City as a fortress with an incredible atmosphere!

The first thing that needs to happen is moving the away fans at least to the corner and get all the singers behind the net. Safe standing would help but I just don't see it happening.

Someone needs to go through our repetroire and find the songs that are repetative and easy to learn, then get them going.

The Balo song is good but once its done its done.

This will not be easy as the English culture is different to Eoropean clubs and football supporters have changed, it's more family oriented. You need to get a group similar to pompey who take it upon themselves to be the leaders

We brits are reserved by nature and it takes us a lot to get going. On away days, when most have had a decent drink before hand, then the reserve is dropped and everyone gets the good time vibe going. However, this good time vibe is usually spontaneous and not as a result of any choreography from individuals. At home, people usually cite the Hamburg game when we fans somehow forgot ourselves and everyone let rip and and generated a fantastic atmosphere. This atmosphere is generated in the moment rather than planned (although prior to that game there was a lot of discussion about making some noise and getting behind the team) but in the main it's is almost impossible to switch the noise on and off at will.

We can and do make a hell of a racket but its usually linked to events on the pitch such as when Aguero scored THAT goal. I've spoken to people who had left early and were outside the ground who couldn't believe the amount of noise coming from the stadium, and you only have to watch the highlights on the OS to hear the sound of crackling as the pitch-side microphones are overdriven by the decibel level - something I've never heard before on a televised game.

Despite this, I think it's worth making an effort to improve the atmosphere and you never know, a section of the ground dedicated to improving the atmosphere would probably have an effect on the rest of us. It will have to be something that evolves over time with a lot of trial and error along the way though.

5025160297_a3406540be_z.jpg

What's Frank Lampard doing in City Square, maybe he's learning the ropes from Ferris to take over when he packs in at Chelsea?

It doesn't matter whether or not the team are playing well, the atmosphere could still be electric. I agree it helps if the team are playing well but it can also help when they are not. Back in the old days on the kippax the best atmospheres were often when the team were playing badly and the crowd lifted them. Moving the away fans won't help, so that debate is pointless. Dortmund had guys not even watching the game orchestrating the singing but it isnt something that happens over night. Ask yourselves why under a concourse at stoke it was non stop singing for an hour before the game but as soon as everyone gets in their seats they shut up!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.