Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

BlueHalli said:
A drum is absolutly essential for this type of thing. If there is a drum, people will sing. I dont know why people are against them!! if you get someone with any sort of rythem on a drum it'll improve things no end.

No, no, no, no...no drums or megaphones.!! No song sheets / playlists / practices.
At times the atmosphere is very good...lets remember its not always quiet.
we are far better than arsenal, liverpool, everton, sunderland, west ham, villa, chelsea, bolton, blackburn, wigan IMO. Stoke and newcastle are the 2 that usually raise the roof. Both these dont have drums / megaphones / singing sections - they simply have lots of people who regularly join in singing.
im 46 and come away from every city game with a hoarse voice.

There are more than enough songs sung throughout the match, at every game (someone on here counted them once and there was in excess of 35). The problem is not enough people singing, therefore not enough volume.
Very simple 2 solution's (if solutions are needed) 1; everyone start to sing! 2; south stand and south stand corner start to sing in unison!!

welcometomanchester said:
Maybe if the team played a little better then the atmosphere would be better? dunno just an idea

I fear too many people actually think like that.

Orchestration of fans like the European teams... i'd rather sit in Level 3. Drums; we're not Bolton or Wigan.

The atmosphere at the Etihad isn't a City issue, its a league wide issue.

If Danny Wilson/City truly wants to improve it, they'll stop increasing ticket prices, work with the league to make games more accessible; both in buying tickets i.e price, selling channels & more importantly kick off times, stop marketing towards corporates (level 2), stop giving allocations to OSC's to abuse and lower prices on the concourse.

Don't get everyone is a shit mood being bothered about how much they've had to fork out just to be there and let them enjoy the game and back the team.

I'm not emailing that, as this kind of thread is exactly what a forum was created for.

I know i sound moody, i'm not!

The crap music thing reminds me of when Uwe came onto the pitch for the first time after his illness. On he came and the tannoy went mad with 'Go West', the tune we used to sing to him. Anyway everyone gave up and we couldn't sing our song.

Sometimes it feels as if people at the club dont know anything about football or our fans.

I have tried on a more than a few occasions to try something different to improve the match day build up, I would say my biggest success was the Ticker Tape at the Derby 2 seasons ago when it just about covered the whole ground.

I always said I would arrange that again on a grand scale at the approprate game, I sat in the North Stand on Weds night for a change and my view is the SS was poor to say the least, not helped by the football we were playing admitted but the noise from the BD fans could easily be heard 2800 out of 9000 at that one end but what I noticed was the Kippax starting one song while the SS start another and that killed half the songs. I do believe until we extend the ground and the club have the chance to provide one section with at 10000 seats for all the supporters to stand / sit together we will always struggle.
Not the fans fault, you don't get the fans split on the Kop or at Everton, Newcastle and even Utd they all put fans away in the corners. I do believe we have a great set of fans that have and will keep on trying different things and the fans that moan about flags, banners, ticker tape and drums were maybe the ones that all turned up v BD with 3 mins to KO by which time BD were in full swing.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
I have tried on a more than a few occasions to try something different to improve the match day build up, I would say my biggest success was the Ticker Tape at the Derby 2 seasons ago when it just about covered the whole ground.

I always said I would arrange that again on a grand scale at the approprate game, I sat in the North Stand on Weds night for a change and my view is the SS was poor to say the least, not helped by the football we were playing admitted but the noise from the BD fans could easily be heard 2800 out of 9000 at that one end but what I noticed was the Kippax starting one song while the SS start another and that killed half the songs. I do believe until we extend the ground and the club have the chance to provide one section with at 10000 seats for all the supporters to stand / sit together we will always struggle.
Not the fans fault, you don't get the fans split on the Kop or at Everton, Newcastle and even Utd they all put fans away in the corners. I do believe we have a great set of fans that have and will keep on trying different things and the fans that moan about flags, banners, ticker tape and drums were maybe the ones that all turned up v BD with 3 mins to KO by which time BD were in full swing.

as stated 2800 fans all singing creates a fantastic noise.
i dont think we need a massive end, we had this in the kippax and this could be quiet at times.
Theres more than 2800 blues in the south stand lower and lower corner - these are the 'singing area's', just imagine if they all sang together on a more regular basis - problem (if there is one!) solved!!

bainy said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:

as stated 2800 fans all singing creates a fantastic noise.
i dont think we need a massive end, we had this in the kippax and this could be quiet at times.
Theres more than 2800 blues in the south stand lower and lower corner - these are the 'singing area's', just imagine if they all sang together on a more regular basis - problem (if there is one!) solved!!
I am normaly in 308 and we have a great bunch around these areas, start their own song but more importantly when we hear the songs down in 212 110 we always join in but if we can some how all start the same song like we do with Blue Moon it would be great. Otherwise we shouldn't knock ourselves.

stonerblue said:
Stop playing that awful version of 'Bluemoon' prior to kick-off. It would be hard to pick a more depresssing tune. In fact don't play any music after the teams have run out. Give the crowd chance to make some noise.

Totally agree with this

That BM song is the pits
Overall totally behind this project, me and think the club needs to pull its finger out its arse on this one

The lack of a 12th man is gonna cost us all

Was sat beside a Tourist from Cambridge at the CL game on tuesday in the N stand
he was shocked at how little nois we made
and TBH what could I say????

Much as i'd like to crow about our support.. generally we are useless let's be honest

I was there with my teenage son on Tuesday and he was right in saying refering to the Dortmund fans . 'Dad why can't we do this?

We had some very good atmospheres last season, sometimes surprising, sometimes not. For exactly the West Brom home game which came when the league was "lost" turned out to have quite an atmosphere when we went ahead and slowly news of United losing at Wigan filtered through. The United game was one of the best atmospheres I have ever experienced, particularly later on. United fans were silent but we weren't. Nearly all of the big games (United/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal) had good atmospheres and that Arsenal home this season had a poor atmosphere is what has set off many alarm bells I feel and provoked the need for improvement from both the BA (this thread) and the new Citizens Movement. It's very rare for a glamour fixture to have a home atmosphere as poor as the Arsenal game - all the moaning and groaning, expectations that we'd walk over one of the best teams in the league, was very reminiscent of a certain other team.

Swap the singing section corner with the corner of the SS/ CB stands? That would essentially merge the 2 into one. The only issue would be some people kicking off about moving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.