Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

ok - so I'm now intrigued exactly how old Ben Folds was when he was roped into this venture as the driver, I assume sufficiently young that he didn't feel able to say don't be a dick Dad ?

(as we're on Ben Folds, as Shatner is most 'associated' with the Star Trek franchise does that mean something from one of his albums is allowed on in this playlist??)
About 15 from what I gather and his dad sounds a right twat, I’m guessing the song ‘Bastard’ is about him.
not sure about Shatner on this playlist though but definitely Ben.

Well done to @threespires for guessing one of my extra ones. When Husker Du disbanded Bob Mould released a couple of solo albums before forming Sugar. Cooper Blue was NME album of the year in 92 and I saw them at Edward's No.7 in Birmingham tour this album. Proper sweat down the walls night and great gig. This is the best song Pixies never did and a bass line that could have been on the last playlist

Sugar - A Good Idea

The National are not a band that I've listened to much - in fact I'd never listened to them at all until I came across lead singer, Matt Berningher's, solo album Serpentine Prison.

Not only is this a fantastic album, but it's one of those rare beasts where the bonus tracks available on Spotify are so good that it makes you wonder why he left them off the original album.

"In Spite of Me" - Matt Berningher

The National are not a band that I've listened to much - in fact I'd never listened to them at all until I came across lead singer, Matt Berningher's, solo album Serpentine Prison.

Not only is this a fantastic album, but it's one of those rare beasts where the bonus tracks available on Spotify are so good that it makes you wonder why he left them off the original album.

"In Spite of Me" - Matt Berningher
Yes very good album.

Well done to @threespires for guessing one of my extra ones. When Husker Du disbanded Bob Mould released a couple of solo albums before forming Sugar. Cooper Blue was NME album of the year in 92 and I saw them at Edward's No.7 in Birmingham tour this album. Proper sweat down the walls night and great gig. This is the best song Pixies never did and a bass line that could have been on the last playlist

Sugar - A Good Idea

Eddies was an iconic Birmingham venue, the kind of place that increasingly rarely exists these days. Some great bands played there and depending what you wanted from a gig it was a brilliant venue. Every now and then I find myself in the John Bright St area which is now very quiet and businessy in comparison to what it was like in the heyday and it's a shame.

Good song.

Eddies was an iconic Birmingham venue, the kind of place that increasingly rarely exists these days. Some great bands played there and depending what you wanted from a gig it was a brilliant venue. Every now and then I find myself in the John Bright St area which is now very quiet and businessy in comparison to what it was like in the heyday and it's a shame.

Good song.
Isn’t there a strip…. Ah okay sorry I see you mentioned the business aspect of the area ;)

Isn’t there a strip…. Ah okay sorry I see you mentioned the business aspect of the area ;)

May well be, the main thing I noticed last time I was in the area was a Caribbean restaurant which might say something about my relative priorities these days !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.