Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

In the last Bass playlist, I offered up +Live+'s first single "Pain Lies on the Riverside" from their 1991 debut album Mental Jewelry. A lot of those songs (especially that track) dealt with mostly eastern faith concepts and the role water plays as a symbol in that regard.

20 years later, +Live+ lead singer and lyricist Ed Kowalczyk released an EP follow-up to his first solo album called The Garden. When I heard this, I was just amazed at just how powerful and focused his lyrics were as a solo artist. Obviously, a lot of things had happened in the 20 years in his journey as a musician, especially in becoming a father a few years prior, and how his views of faith had evolved.

He speaks of it pretty openly here, and I'm specifically requesting the bonus track that includes Norwegian duo Eva & The Heartmaker, which is actually much better than the original.

I'm The Proof - Ed Kowalczyk, Eva & The Heartmaker

Can I chuck Time Zone - World Destruction please? The love child of Mr Bambaataa and John Lydon.

I nearly nominated that for one of the playlists a while back but weirdly I think a bit of queasiness in relation to the various allegations surrounding AB stopped me from doing so. It is good though.

I'll stick with middle of the line, for the benefit of the many. See below if you want to push that line yourself though.

Justin Currie - something in that mess.

Del Amitri's love stricken ballads were seemingly too upbeat, so the frontman did his own thing. With the same knack for lyrics, but less stylistic restraint.

If intersted in more, was initially going to go with 'the fight to be human' which takes a bit of time to appreciate, or even 'you'll always walk alone' as a nod to our title rivals. Saving 'No, Surrender' for when we inevitably do a theme of songs with political undertones, and 'this is my kingdom' is a great song too. This one is probably the most accessible though, and has some positivity in there.

He's a happy little soul isn't he.

"You'll always walk alone" reminds me of an American lass I knocked about with years ago, seemingly stereotypically smiley and upbeat in comparison to my slightly hang dog demeanor. Thought it was going alright till one night she casually explained to me that she was firmly of the view that ultimately we are all born alone, we all live alone and we all die alone so whatever connections we think we are forming it's just a crutch to get us through as long as I understand that!

He's a happy little soul isn't he.

"You'll always walk alone" reminds me of an American lass I knocked about with years ago, seemingly stereotypically smiley and upbeat in comparison to my slightly hang dog demeanor. Thought it was going alright till one night she casually explained to me that she was firmly of the view that ultimately we are all born alone, we all live alone and we all die alone so whatever connections we think we are forming it's just a crutch to get us through as long as I understand that!
At least she explained the source of her happiness and upbeat personality. You got all the cards on the table faster than most men do, I'd reckon. Not commenting on the hand you were dealt though. ;-)

In the last Bass playlist, I offered up +Live+'s first single "Pain Lies on the Riverside" from their 1991 debut album Mental Jewelry. A lot of those songs (especially that track) dealt with mostly eastern faith concepts and the role water plays as a symbol in that regard.

20 years later, +Live+ lead singer and lyricist Ed Kowalczyk released an EP follow-up to his first solo album called The Garden. When I heard this, I was just amazed at just how powerful and focused his lyrics were as a solo artist. Obviously, a lot of things had happened in the 20 years in his journey as a musician, especially in becoming a father a few years prior, and how his views of faith had evolved.

He speaks of it pretty openly here, and I'm specifically requesting the bonus track that includes Norwegian duo Eva & The Heartmaker, which is actually much better than the original.

I'm The Proof - Ed Kowalczyk, Eva & The Heartmaker
Sorry mate can't find that one

Wow, we have our first non-Spotify import to the UK that works in the US that I'm aware of. A shame, so I'll post the YouTube here and PM with you offline on a few other options.
PMs not working, so I'll just ask here...

Any in this order by Ed Kowalczyk would be fine:
  1. I'm The Proof (normal version, but assuming it also is not - off the same album)
  2. The Garden (off the same EP - but thinking no too)
  3. Seven (off of 2013's The Flood And The Mercy)
If none of the above, just let me know and I'll advance tomorrow's selection. Thanks!

PMs not working, so I'll just ask here...

Any in this order by Ed Kowalczyk would be fine:
  1. I'm The Proof (normal version, but assuming it also is not - off the same album)
  2. The Garden (off the same EP - but thinking no too)
  3. Seven (off of 2013's The Flood And The Mercy)
If none of the above, just let me know and I'll advance tomorrow's selection. Thanks!
All good found the last one. Other 2 not on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.