Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

The's quite a lot of options to choose from where the Finn brothers are concerned - Tim founded Split Enz in the 70s, Neil joined later. Then in the 80s Neil founded Crowded House and Tim briefly joined for the Woodface album.

I'll go with a Tim track as he doesn't feature often on these forums. From the Before and After album:-

"Protected" - Tim Finn

When is a solo career not a solo career? I wonder if RM always assumed that Bryan Ferry putting out solo albums populated with cover versions was just a sideline rather than anything else, and were a bit surprised when his fourth solo effort In Your Mind was all original music? They couldn't have been all that surprised as a number of them appeared on it. After it didn't do that much he did another solo album with quite a few covers that didn't sell that well either so he sacked off the solo stuff and reassembled RM. When they disbanded again in '84 he went solo 'properly' at least till the obligatory reunion. The irony of his first solo stint being that had In Your Mind been labelled a Roxy album, it would probably have got a lot more exposure and credit.

Bryan Ferry - Tokyo Joe

The's quite a lot of options to choose from where the Finn brothers are concerned - Tim founded Split Enz in the 70s, Neil joined later. Then in the 80s Neil founded Crowded House and Tim briefly joined for the Woodface album.

I'll go with a Tim track as he doesn't feature often on these forums. From the Before and After album:-

"Protected" - Tim Finn

In many ways I think that album is his strongest work; not trying to be quirky or artsy or trying a bit too hard, just a collection of well written and performed songs. I also think, in Persuasion, it contains one of the great underappreciated pop songs.

In many ways I think that album is his strongest work; not trying to be quirky or artsy or trying a bit too hard, just a collection of well written and performed songs. I also think, in Persuasion, it contains one of the great underappreciated pop songs.
Yes, I agree - it was actually a toss up between "Protected" and "Persuasion".

Funnily enough, after mentioning in the album thread that I saw The Hooters at Manchester University, Tim Finn was another I saw there a few years later when he toured this album.

Can I chuck Time Zone - World Destruction please? The love child of Mr Bambaataa and John Lydon.
My shouty/atonal/deliberately not singing properly claxxons have just gone to 11 listening to this.

Just one question: How can you listen to this? (for pleasure at least).

I just realized the "Made By The Bass" playlist didn't include a legendary performer, record producer, and collaborator who has influenced music much beyond what his original 4 piece band did. And that's saying something.

In needing some of those bass sounds again, we'll also throw in the mandola being played in addition to the 12 string bass from this talented performer.

The Smile of Your Shadow - John Paul Jones

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.