Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

My shouty/atonal/deliberately not singing properly claxxons have just gone to 11 listening to this.

Just one question: How can you listen to this? (for pleasure at least).

Now bimbo has responded, I'd like to add in my tenpence.

Consider that the outro of this consists of those early NY hip-hop beats, but layered with a synth with a marginally detuned osc to get that slightly mad distorted accordion type sound, on top of which has been added an unhinged Englishman literally just wailing "I'm in a time zone" and I think the more pertinent question becomes how could you not listen to this for pleasure? ;-)

Now bimbo has responded, I'd like to add in my tenpence.

Consider that the outro of this consists of those early NY hip-hop beats, but layered with a synth with a marginally detuned osc to get that slightly mad distorted accordion type sound, on top of which has been added an unhinged Englishman literally just wailing "I'm in a time zone" and I think the more pertinent question becomes how could you not listen to this for pleasure? ;-)
Wot he said.

My goal was to get the ex-Nirvana band member who really didn't go on to change instruments, front a new band, and perhaps be remembered for something more than his initial band.

In the process, I was able to pick up the associated lead singer of this band called Wings, the guitarist of the punk band Germs, and Tom Petty's temporary drummer for SNL in November 1994. ;-)

If this is too many associations, just remember to...

"Cut Me Some Slack" - Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear

Never heard this before but what an incredible track this is.
I was actually thinking of you when I first heard the mandola on that track and figured "I know who's going to love this". ;-)

I skipped the harder bass tracks for that (and I enjoyed the whole album Zooma) as I was also looking for something in the theme from JPJ's association with REM's fantastic 1992 Automatic For the People.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.