Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Well as we seem to have veered back to the subject of bass here's something suitably mad, given the artist in question...

Jah Wobble & The English Roots Band- Rocky Road To Dublin

The Dubliners never sounded like this

Last edited:
Think I'll sneak this one on. Ride got a new album out in May and I've got tickets for September. When they split up first time and before Andy Bell farted around with bass with Liam he formed this band who weren't particularly great but did a couple of corking singles. One of the best of the Britpop era in my opinion.

Hurricane #1 - Step Into My World

Ok then.

Always on the run - Bosnian Rainbows

A couple of Mars Volta members' more abstract and quite discreet side project. For all your math rock/showgaze needs. A very good self titled album, once you mamage to get into it.
Just listened to that. Got some At The Drive-In in it and it's actually not long enough. I may well explore further at some point

451 - Brand New

The 'association' has now probably been lost over time, but back in the 2000s, the golden age of teen angst bands, it was there. Founding bassist of Taking Back Sunday leaves to start his own 'brand new' band after the singer shags his girlfriend. Nobody knew what to really expect, but 5 brilliant and very different from each other albums later, the slag may have been the best thing to happen to that genre! Taking Back stayed very popular, released probably a dozen albums and are still active (I kinda stopped paying attention after the first two), Brand New found a bit of a niche following but nailed it for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.