Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Due to the fact that you can only now choose 3 songs to form this playlist I thought I'd make it a bit all encompassing. So with that in mind I've chosen a rather vast and unwieldy subject to make a rather smaller and less unwieldy list. If that makes sense.

Love.

wanting, fulfilled or fallen out of...it's your choice. Just make it surprising, beautiful and above all interesting. Or none of these!

Kaleo - I Can't Go On Without You

You might remember these lovely Icelandic bluesters from previous lists. A lament about losing love and trying to deal with it.

Thunder - When Love Walked In

Much unappreciated English rockers who were/ are fantastic in concert. This song was going to be our first dance at our wedding but sadly in those pre internet days DJ's didn't have it, or I forgot to bring the CD with me...this lead to dancing to Wet Wet Wet. The shame of it all.

Talk Talk - I Don't Believe In You

My favourite song from one of my favourite albums. As with all of Mr Hollis's compositions it's hauntingly beautiful.

Y&T - Forever

Another under appreciated band, all hair rock and sometimes of age questionable lyrics. This has a soaring chorus and some fantastic guitar work. If I had hair I'd be windmilling until my neck hurt which is approximately 20 seconds.

ABC - All Of My Heart

Another song from one of my favourite albums. This has some of my favourite lyrics ever. A great pop song which, with the help of some fantastic Trevor Horn production, captured my teenage angst perfectly. Even if I was all hard and never showed emotion if a girl dumped me.

Now if someone could pop up a Spotify playlist I'd be most grateful.

Good concept, obviously lots of choices so just as well were on a 3 song limit.

I’ll have to start with the wedding song from my latest marriage otherwise the current Mrs D won’t be happy lol
’Dance Me To The End of Love’ Leonard Cohen.
We actually had a string quartet playing this not Laughing Len.

Good concept, obviously lots of choices so just as well were on a 3 song limit.

I’ll have to start with the wedding song from my latest marriage otherwise the current Mrs D won’t be happy lol
’Dance Me To The End of Love’ Leonard Cohen.
We actually had a string quartet playing this not Laughing Len.

That's a great song which coincidently was covered by the act I'm going to use the first of my three on. A song that speaks to being open to the healing possibilities of love.

Dust to Dust - The Civil Wars

Due to the fact that you can only now choose 3 songs to form this playlist I thought I'd make it a bit all encompassing. So with that in mind I've chosen a rather vast and unwieldy subject to make a rather smaller and less unwieldy list. If that makes sense.

Love.

wanting, fulfilled or fallen out of...it's your choice. Just make it surprising, beautiful and above all interesting. Or none of these!

Kaleo - I Can't Go On Without You

You might remember these lovely Icelandic bluesters from previous lists. A lament about losing love and trying to deal with it.

Thunder - When Love Walked In

Much unappreciated English rockers who were/ are fantastic in concert. This song was going to be our first dance at our wedding but sadly in those pre internet days DJ's didn't have it, or I forgot to bring the CD with me...this lead to dancing to Wet Wet Wet. The shame of it all.

Talk Talk - I Don't Believe In You

My favourite song from one of my favourite albums. As with all of Mr Hollis's compositions it's hauntingly beautiful.

Y&T - Forever

Another under appreciated band, all hair rock and sometimes of age questionable lyrics. This has a soaring chorus and some fantastic guitar work. If I had hair I'd be windmilling until my neck hurt which is approximately 20 seconds.

ABC - All Of My Heart

Another song from one of my favourite albums. This has some of my favourite lyrics ever. A great pop song which, with the help of some fantastic Trevor Horn production, captured my teenage angst perfectly. Even if I was all hard and never showed emotion if a girl dumped me.

Now if someone could pop up a Spotify playlist I'd be most grateful.

Don't mind the Thunder and Y&T tracks.
Very much like the Kaleo.
As for All of my Heart, as you say an absolutely fantastic lyric and the kind of shimmering 80's production I can get behind. Also Martin Fry carried off a gold lame suit way better than Elvis.

But the stand out song in that five for me is I Don't Believe In You. IMO The Colour of Spring should be way higher up in our album thread than it is and Mark Hollis was one of the best and most underappreciated song writers this country has ever produced.

Last edited:
Don't mind the Thunder and Y&T tracks.
Very much like the Kaleo.
As for All of my Heart, as you say an absolutely fantastic lyric and the kind of shimmering 80's production I can get behind. Also Martin Fry carried off a gold lame suit way better than Elvis.

But the stand out song in that five for me is I Don't Believe In You. IMO The Colour of Spring should be way higher up in our album thread than it is and Mark Hollis is one of the best and most underappreciated song writers this country has ever produced.
Left the music business to help bring up his kids and never really returned to it. Lost his brother along the way as well but a tremendous talent. His influence is still there though. All Of My Heart is a fantastic record from a fantastic album

That's a great song which coincidently was covered by the act I'm going to use the first of my three on. A song that speaks to being open to the healing possibilities of love.

Dust to Dust - The Civil Wars

Their second (and final) album was imo not as good as their first, but thia song is one of the stronger on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.