Bluemoon Angling Thread

Amazing day on the river, caught a lot of trout. A mayfly hatch had them eating like crazy. The river was really low and the boat spooked them from a long way off, ended up throwing small flies (16-18 weight) way far ahead of the boat, literally hitting line backing.
IMG_0799.jpegIMG_0807.jpeg

Never done any coarse fishing apart from a bit of pole fishing with my Dad when I was a youngster, I do a fair bit of sea fishing but always kept it simple, my little lad has this week been pestering for me to take him to do a bit on a lake after seeing some youtube videos so I've promised to get the basics and take him before he starts back at school.

What do I need as far as a rod and reel? I'm thinking keep it traditional and just go for a float setup, I've been through all my sea fishing gear and somewhere over time I've picked up a random John Wilson avon rod (with quiver tips) is this any good for what I want paired with a cheap reel? I'm still going to get the lad a cheap rod and reel either way.

Thanks for any help, it will be much appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.