Bluemoon Angling Thread

Had a couple of hours double handed switch and light fly rod fishing near Hay on Wye Saturday. Missed a few grayling/trout takes as I am soo bloody slow striking (too much lazy salmon fishing!)
Had a couple of big chub before the inevitable barrage of canoeists came...
I directed the first dozen of so to pass behind me, but then the whole river was taken up by them and I headed for the bank before I got taken out!

I got the idea there wasn't a salmon within 5 miles of me.

Beautiful spot though.
The river round Hay is really very beautiful.
What state was it in?

The river round Hay is really very beautiful.
What state was it in?
Quite low and reasonably clear mate (considering!) I was just down from The Boat Inn downstream of Hay. Lovely stretch.
You can get free days on the 'More Rods On Rivers' for fly fishing if you are a member of the Wye Salmon Association... £10 a year!

Wonderful day today. Went to the polluted river Avon, just because I like the scenery. I had the best day I've ever had on there, 6 bream over 4lbs, a chub of 3.5lbs and lost another chub of similar size in the lillies. Really cheered me up to see what has survived when I thought it was barren. Best bit is, so does everyone else, so no one is fishing it. I'm not going to tell them !!

20240710_123600.jpg

I haven't been on this thread for over 2 years.

Has @snorky caught anything yet* ?

*by that I mean fish, Welsh women don't count
I got a new Welsh one mate... after being dumped by the posh one.

I actually caught 2 salmon earlier in the season and got my mate one whilst ghillieing for him...

I am the fisher king once more!

Now get off this anglers only thtead, you old dribbler! :)

Ps. I am currently having a cuppa with Snork senior and he says Hi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.