Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Can anyone help me regarding squats....

I've gone back to basics to perfect form, squatting with just 20kg olympic bar, almost following a stronglifts style of incremental plan and doing 5x5. I get to the 70kg mark and without fail I end up with chronic 'ball ache' that last for 2/3 weeks and makes doing anything very hard (even walking). The pain normally starts in my left lower back and spreads through my thigh and then seems to get my left nut and stay there. It's starting to depress me as I know full well I can lift more I just have a worry that my nuts are gonna
blow up!

Anyone had anything similar? Diet is fairly good, rich in fat and protein, low carbs.

Jesus I thought this was just me lol. I've the exact same thing, but I put it down to over using protein, because I'm a twat.

What I actually think it is, is underdeveloped glute/abs, which are tied to the whole inside. I'm working through it on the assumption the muscles will align themselves and sort it out.

Can anyone help me regarding squats....

I've gone back to basics to perfect form, squatting with just 20kg olympic bar, almost following a stronglifts style of incremental plan and doing 5x5. I get to the 70kg mark and without fail I end up with chronic 'ball ache' that last for 2/3 weeks and makes doing anything very hard (even walking). The pain normally starts in my left lower back and spreads through my thigh and then seems to get my left nut and stay there. It's starting to depress me as I know full well I can lift more I just have a worry that my nuts are gonna
blow up!

Anyone had anything similar? Diet is fairly good, rich in fat and protein, low carbs.

I hate fucking squats, go and see a doctor

Jesus I thought this was just me lol. I've the exact same thing, but I put it down to over using protein, because I'm a twat.

What I actually think it is, is underdeveloped glute/abs, which are tied to the whole inside. I'm working through it on the assumption the muscles will align themselves and sort it out.

Over using protein? That's got to be one of the strangest things I've ever heard.

The chances are that your muscles won't align themselves and sort themselves out if you just carry on doing what you are doing - it is more likely to create less alignment and make the situation worse.

If you are having problems with squatting, have you had someone check your form? Changed your stance? Tried to squat with no shoes on?

Over using protein? That's got to be one of the strangest things I've ever heard.

The chances are that your muscles won't align themselves and sort themselves out if you just carry on doing what you are doing - it is more likely to create less alignment and make the situation worse.

If you are having problems with squatting, have you had someone check your form? Changed your stance? Tried to squat with no shoes on?

Yep, I hear you but i'm doing 2 shakes a day, protein coffee, protein waffles, bars and then what I'm getting via turkey etc so it was something to consider.

If you've an under developed area of course it can build up and my form is on point. It's been years since I squatted so expected some issues, just not in the testicle lol

Yep, I hear you but i'm doing 2 shakes a day, protein coffee, protein waffles, bars and then what I'm getting via turkey etc so it was something to consider.

If you've an under developed area of course it can build up and my form is on point. It's been years since I squatted so expected some issues, just not in the testicle lol
Better getting protein from meat sources and the shakes to supplement not the main source.
Are you taking bcaa's with your protein?

No idea what the ball issue could be, never had anything like that.
Why not try front or goblet squats to see if they work bettet for you

Trying to walk 1 hour a day and play football once a week for an hour as well doing 60 swimming lengths a week.

I have always done 25 press ups a day. Managed to get down from 16 stone to 14 - with a target of 12 12 by next June. It's bloody hard!!

Just watch your calorie intake pal. I had been stuck on 14 - 14 and a half stone for a couple of years and no matter what I did I couldn't shift the weight. I've always been fairly stocky and was doing weights etc but despite exercise couldn't get the weight down. I put it down to muscle weighing more than fat. I even did the London Marathon in April and despite training for that remained at 14.

Post marathon I've actually been concentrating on lowering calorie intake whilst doing the exercise and managed to drop a stone.

Better getting protein from meat sources and the shakes to supplement not the main source.
Are you taking bcaa's with your protein?

No idea what the ball issue could be, never had anything like that.
Why not try front or goblet squats to see if they work bettet for you

I mix up my training a good bit and do a variety of squats. But its only since I started heavy lifting on back squats that I've noticed this problem lol.

I dont bother with BCAA's as most decent proteins already contain enough of them and taking them independently has been kinda debunked by a few "experts".

I mix up my training a good bit and do a variety of squats. But its only since I started heavy lifting on back squats that I've noticed this problem lol.

I dont bother with BCAA's as most decent proteins already contain enough of them and taking them independently has been kinda debunked by a few "experts".

I wouldn't have thought the protein in protein coffee is 'decent'

Will always get people.who are for and against different supplemements but nick mitchell is a big fan of bcaa so that's good enough for me

Well after being a lazy fatty bum bum since Christmas, I piled on the pounds. Clothes too tight, lethargic attitude (bit like most City players last season)

Anyway had a word with myself in May and pleased to report after much blood sweat and a few tears I am down 3 dress sizes. Never ever weigh myself, always go off how my clothes fit and energy levels.

So think I've earnt my little chufty badge .

Now comes the hard part ....keeping it off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.