Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Ahhh back in the gym last night for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. Bloody feeling it today. Strength is down a bit but that will come back quickly now I can stop this nonsense holiday diet and get back on the bulk.

Can anyone help me regarding squats....

I've gone back to basics to perfect form, squatting with just 20kg olympic bar, almost following a stronglifts style of incremental plan and doing 5x5. I get to the 70kg mark and without fail I end up with chronic 'ball ache' that last for 2/3 weeks and makes doing anything very hard (even walking). The pain normally starts in my left lower back and spreads through my thigh and then seems to get my left nut and stay there. It's starting to depress me as I know full well I can lift more I just have a worry that my nuts are gonna
blow up!

Anyone had anything similar? Diet is fairly good, rich in fat and protein, low carbs.

Can anyone help me regarding squats....

I've gone back to basics to perfect form, squatting with just 20kg olympic bar, almost following a stronglifts style of incremental plan and doing 5x5. I get to the 70kg mark and without fail I end up with chronic 'ball ache' that last for 2/3 weeks and makes doing anything very hard (even walking). The pain normally starts in my left lower back and spreads through my thigh and then seems to get my left nut and stay there. It's starting to depress me as I know full well I can lift more I just have a worry that my nuts are gonna
blow up!

Anyone had anything similar? Diet is fairly good, rich in fat and protein, low carbs.

Sounds like sciatica?

Feels like my testicle is being crushed on and off with a dull ache but afyer stopping lifting for 2 weeks it has pretty much gone. Went to Drs last time and he was no help at all. Stop lifting weighta if it hurts you.... yes ok then!

Feels like my testicle is being crushed on and off with a dull ache but afyer stopping lifting for 2 weeks it has pretty much gone. Went to Drs last time and he was no help at all. Stop lifting weighta if it hurts you.... yes ok then!
GP's are notoriously shite at diagnosing and treating sports related symptoms as they have little understanding of them and even less sympathy for them.
Get yourself to a sports physio for best advice.

Trying to walk 1 hour a day and play football once a week for an hour as well doing 60 swimming lengths a week.

I have always done 25 press ups a day. Managed to get down from 16 stone to 14 - with a target of 12 12 by next June. It's bloody hard!!

GP's are notoriously shite at diagnosing and treating sports related symptoms as they have little understanding of them and even less sympathy for them.
Get yourself to a sports physio for best advice.
Cheers mate will look into it this week as i'm off. If I go to see one when i'm not actually injured will they be able to diagnose it do you think? I'd rather that than hirt myself yet again as i'm worried it might affect me long term!

Cheers mate will look into it this week as i'm off. If I go to see one when i'm not actually injured will they be able to diagnose it do you think? I'd rather that than hirt myself yet again as i'm worried it might affect me long term!
I'd suggest the problem is still there if it presents itself at heavier weight and until you discover the issue it will always be a pyscological barrier.
I'd get a consultation and explain the symptoms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.