Bluemoon Fitness Thread

So.... gave it a few weeks of recovery after I last had my ball ache from squats. Fine for the first few days as I dropped down to 70kg to get my form right again. Warming up stretching and a couple of sets of empty bar then increasing up to 70kg and did a 5x5. Felt fine at the time but I woke up yet again with my left nut feeling like it was going to drop off. Swallowed my pride and went to docs after work who is pretty sure it is a varicole or 2 but insists the pain shouldn't be as bad as i'm saying it is. Basically said if I know what is causing it to stop doing it as he won't refer me for a scan or any treatment. Am I best going private just to get it sorted? I'm obviously concerned about it causing any damage to my nuts as I haven't had kids! If not what can I change squats for that won't put as much pressure on my testicles? Cheers guys

What's an alternative method to burning body fat aside from HIIT training?

I have attempted Insanity on four occasions now, but I have never made it past week 6. I either lose motivation, injure myself or question what the f**k am I doing jumping around like a chipmunk on speed for 40-45 minutes each day.

Right now I am approximately 65kg, my BMI is a rather misleading 19.2, and yet my body fat percentage must be fairly high.
60 minutes at 2.5/3mph on treadmill on an incline. Alternate from 10% 13% 15% incline at regular intervals. Do it every other day. your fitness and endurance levels will improve and you will blast overall body fat. After 60 minutes do a 5 minute cool down bringing speed and incline gradually down to zero

Also eat better of course

So.... gave it a few weeks of recovery after I last had my ball ache from squats. Fine for the first few days as I dropped down to 70kg to get my form right again. Warming up stretching and a couple of sets of empty bar then increasing up to 70kg and did a 5x5. Felt fine at the time but I woke up yet again with my left nut feeling like it was going to drop off. Swallowed my pride and went to docs after work who is pretty sure it is a varicole or 2 but insists the pain shouldn't be as bad as i'm saying it is. Basically said if I know what is causing it to stop doing it as he won't refer me for a scan or any treatment. Am I best going private just to get it sorted? I'm obviously concerned about it causing any damage to my nuts as I haven't had kids! If not what can I change squats for that won't put as much pressure on my testicles? Cheers guys
Are you using a gym or home?

60 minutes at 2.5/3mph on treadmill on an incline. Alternate from 10% 13% 15% incline at regular intervals. Do it every other day. your fitness and endurance levels will improve and you will blast overall body fat. After 60 minutes do a 5 minute cool down bringing speed and incline gradually down to zero

Also eat better of course

As appealing as the fat burning bit sounds, 60 minutes on a treadmill sounds like hell on earth. It's so dull!

Home gym mate, got a power rack, olympic weights etc. Because of a weird shift pattern I was finding I wasn't going to the gym where as at home I know I stick to it.
I'd try out a few things and see what works for you - Lunges, front squats, romanian split squats, sissy squats. You might find that they hurt just the same but could all be fine

International Break, so time for a bump.

Played 4 years of football at uni in the states, some semi pro after that, but that seems quite a while ago now. I am 33, married with a kid and another in the oven. I really want to be in shape for my kids. I want to be able to do fun things with them, hike, play sports, and just be around late in life god-willing. Unfortunately over the past 4 years I haven't been very active, mixed with living in Austin, TX where food and brew are in abundance, I have let myself go a little bit. 75kilos. in my college days, but now bounce around 80-82kilos with a bicycle tire around my belly. Just weak, tired all the time, unhappy about my physical appearance. So I started back up recently and so far I have been going strong for 2-3 weeks. Eating un-processed foods, smoothies for breakfast with fruit, chia seeds, oats, yogurt and spinach. Something is different this time from previous attempts at getting back in shape. I feel really motivated and excited this time. I have been doing 5x5 Strong Lifts as well, and am already over the "soreness" period, and am having fun in a "local" gym. Anyone else in a similar situation or life-stage or have similar stories?

Is it a "local" gym for "local" people?
Not sure what you mean but it's just not a big chain facility. It's a single gym owned by someone locally, who is from the area. As opposed to "mega-gyms" where there are hundreds around the country and have dudes upselling you supplements and shit you don't need constantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.