Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I've gone over 16 stone for the first time in my life and feel out of breath quite a lot. Started a diet of sorts this week and gonna start to do regular exercise once the weather cools down, so I'll be in here looking for tips. Weirdly enough, although my gut is big it was a photo of my back that made me want to diet - it's gone really fat and love handley.

Anyone here practising switching up their routines?
Preferably around every 8weeks...
Target a few pieces of equipment you haven't used, replace them with stuff you've used for two months... And thus target areas of your body that are being ignored.

Then switch onto something else.
Regular switching helps with boredom in the gym and obviously helps you hit areas of your body you've not gained in.

Shredded off just over a stone recently, back to my fighting weight I was over a decade ago now (169lbs) however it's more muscle, less fat.
What's helped me most is using skipping ropes for a minute after each station is complete, thus keeping the heart rate constantly high during workout.

BB back squat is back up to 165kg (6 reps of 4)
Considering I wasn't walking after the coma this is fucking impressive... So ladies, anyone can do this exercise shit if you put your mind to it. Good luck.

Anyone here practising switching up their routines?
Preferably around every 8weeks...
Target a few pieces of equipment you haven't used, replace them with stuff you've used for two months... And thus target areas of your body that are being ignored.

Then switch onto something else.
Regular switching helps with boredom in the gym and obviously helps you hit areas of your body you've not gained in.

Shredded off just over a stone recently, back to my fighting weight I was over a decade ago now (169lbs) however it's more muscle, less fat.
What's helped me most is using skipping ropes for a minute after each station is complete, thus keeping the heart rate constantly high during workout.

BB back squat is back up to 165kg (6 reps of 4)
Considering I wasn't walking after the coma this is fucking impressive... So ladies, anyone can do this exercise shit if you put your mind to it. Good luck.
Good weight that for the squats.

Ooh don't get me wrong I'm feeling it today. Lower back is hurting but it's not injury pain.
Just need to start improving on the front squats now. Been really working on the technique so should start shifting decent weight soon (he says)

Ooh don't get me wrong I'm feeling it today. Lower back is hurting but it's not injury pain.
Just need to start improving on the front squats now. Been really working on the technique so should start shifting decent weight soon (he says)
Try switching to low bar position and wide powerlifting stance if your not already. Decent 4" (all the way round) belt and your back should be bombproof and you'll add weight too.

Yea cheers for that bud, i have a belt but always forget to take it with me. My stance is not full on wide but I'm comfortable on the heels anyway... I'll give it a little bit more width

when-you-entered-summer-in-good-shape.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.