Bluemoon Fitness Thread

At least two litres a day.

My BP readings fluctuate a bit but the bottom figure is always below 60, which is a bit of a concern.

I may have to contact my GP.
Go see the doc mate insanity is exactly that especially if you are not particularly fit to start with

My diet mainly consists of the following:

Protein shakes - containing whey powder, spinach, milk, chia seeds and berries
Avocados
Gluten-free oatmeal
Chickpeas
Parsnips
Sweet potatoes
Kale
Broccoli
Peanut butter
Plain yoghurt
Turkey
Chicken

I wasn’t particularly fit in the first place but my BMI is about 19 as I am kind of ‘skinny fat’. I’m 6ft and weigh about 150lbs....

Plus, this is my fourth attempt at Insanity, so I knew what I was getting myself into beforehand. Unfortunately, however, I always fail to make it past the first week of month 2.

I will be extremely disappointed if I’m forced to choose between working out and methylphenidate. If busting my arse every morning is negating the effects of my meds then I will have a decision to make.

It’s not so much my BP reading that’s a concern; it’s the horrific return of ‘brain fog’! I can’t concentrate for shit at the moment.

Broke my metatarsal about 6 weeks ago so not been able to run and it's not healed very well so won't be running for a good while yet.

Thinking of joining the gym again so that I can do something - I'm putting in weight fast!

Will I be able to do enough in the gym to make it worthwhile while not slowing down my foot recovery (I'm trying to avoid an operation)

Avocados
Gluten-free oatmeal
Chickpeas
Parsnips
Sweet potatoes
Kale
Broccoli
Peanut butter
Plain yoghurt
Turkey
Chicken

I wasn’t particularly fit in the first place but my BMI is about 19 as I am kind of ‘skinny fat’. I’m 6ft and weigh about 150lbs....

Plus, this is my fourth attempt at Insanity, so I knew what I was getting myself into beforehand. Unfortunately, however, I always fail to make it past the first week of month 2.

I will be extremely disappointed if I’m forced to choose between working out and methylphenidate. If busting my arse every morning is negating the effects of my meds then I will have a decision to make.

It’s not so much my BP reading that’s a concern; it’s the horrific return of ‘brain fog’! I can’t concentrate for shit at the moment.
A good list of foods but it doesn't tell me how many meals you eat,their make up or when you eat them.At 6ft and such a light weight you should be eating plenty.
My advice,fuck the insanity off and start a decent weights routine,to better build muscle and add some occasional light cardio for overall health.

A good list of foods but it doesn't tell me how many meals you eat,their make up or when you eat them.At 6ft and such a light weight you should be eating plenty.
My advice,fuck the insanity off and start a decent weights routine,to better build muscle and add some occasional light cardio for overall health.

I’m reluctant to try weights as I can’t stand the gym and I have no desire to be big. Prior to starting Insanity (I think it’s day 23), my aim was to decrease my body fat % and to generally feel better in myself. Yet ironically, my mind has never been cloudier and I’ve gained 1.5kg. But I would guess my body fat % has dropped a smidgen.

I don’t really know where to go from here because the meds did temporarily change my life, and I would hate to fall into a pit of depression again.

Rather embarrassingly, I am also on my third day of a ‘NoFap’ experiment. :O

Sorry for the bump.

I’m on week four of the Insanity program, and have noticed some subtle physical improvements thus far.

However, my resting HR has dropped to 65bpm and my blood pressure is 96/54.

Should I be concerned at all by this?

It’s perhaps worth noting that I take medication for ADHD that ordinarily increases my blood pressure. And I’ve also been struggling quite a bit with brain fog for much of the day after working out.

Whilst I want to be fit and healthy, it’s quite disconcerting to think it might actually be damaging my health.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
A resting heart rate of 65bpm is normally considered very good - a sign you’re getting fitter.

A resting heart rate of 65bpm is normally considered very good - a sign you’re getting fitter.

To be honest, I don’t know why I mentioned my resting HR. It was 61 when I tried keto for a few weeks, and it usually hovers around 68 anyway.

Avocados
Gluten-free oatmeal
Chickpeas
Parsnips
Sweet potatoes
Kale
Broccoli
Peanut butter
Plain yoghurt
Turkey
Chicken

I’m just about to complete Insanity for the 6th time in 3 years. It’s crazy hard-more mentally than anything. Month 2 takes it to a whole new level-and mentally the first time through those max workouts is when most people quit. It feels impossibly hard but like month 1 you do get used to it.
It’s hard to combine with work/life but the payoff is worth it-sense of achievement, better posture, healthier and less stressed. Eat well, sleep well-and a little tip, I mix in the core cardio and balance workouts for when I’m too tired or my body feels too broken, that way I get a chance to recover rather than use them up in week 5.

I lived on Huel alone for a month, three a day. It works and I felt great on it. In the end I just got bored of it.

Oh, and you fart for England on it. Proper room clearers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.