Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I’m just about to complete Insanity for the 6th time in 3 years. It’s crazy hard-more mentally than anything. Month 2 takes it to a whole new level-and mentally the first time through those max workouts is when most people quit. It feels impossibly hard but like month 1 you do get used to it.
It’s hard to combine with work/life but the payoff is worth it-sense of achievement, better posture, healthier and less stressed. Eat well, sleep well-and a little tip, I mix in the core cardio and balance workouts for when I’m too tired or my body feels too broken, that way I get a chance to recover rather than use them up in week 5.

Thanks for that.

On this occasion, I will have to try extra hard to make it through the first week of the second month. If I can manage to persevere, hopefully I will have the motivation to complete the final three weeks.

Thanks for that.

On this occasion, I will have to try extra hard to make it through the first week of the second month. If I can manage to persevere, hopefully I will have the motivation to complete the final three weeks.
It does feel ok after a few rounds of month 2-week 8 feels easy and then you may as well keep going by then!
Good luck!

Tough this getting fit! (Fitter)

Just had a full body scan - body fat now at 24.1 percent but down from 28 at the start of this year and first time in a long time I have gone from obese to solid build. Telling me I have a metabolic age of 46 (I am 42). 100kg dead on but 72 percent muscle. Been trying very hard this year on diet and just little bits of exercise (I run 400m metres every morning from the car par at work) and pleased with my steady if not brilliant progress. Trying to swim 3000 lengths this year as well and am on course at having done 1700 so far. Determined to get to sub 20% body fat by xmas and if not this time next year. I find being tracked on a scan machine useful and a good indicator.

Tough this getting fit! (Fitter)

Just had a full body scan - body fat now at 24.1 percent but down from 28 at the start of this year and first time in a long time I have gone from obese to solid build. Telling me I have a metabolic age of 46 (I am 42). 100kg dead on but 72 percent muscle. Been trying very hard this year on diet and just little bits of exercise (I run 400m metres every morning from the car par at work) and pleased with my steady if not brilliant progress. Trying to swim 3000 lengths this year as well and am on course at having done 1700 so far. Determined to get to sub 20% body fat by xmas and if not this time next year. I find being tracked on a scan machine useful and a good indicator.
Good on you mate, I’m 49 now and every time I try getting fitter I pull, strain something, yerserday imstarined my calf on the fucking warm down, it just popped. All these aches and pains I blame in football, they say sport hurts and they weren’t wrong. I know so many people who played contact sports who are suffering now, I think next time I’ll be an alcoholic I can get a liver transplant but you try getting a new back on the NHS it’s impossible.

I've joined the gym again this week to lose weight.
Got a broken foot so any cardio is pretty much out as is anything heavy on my feet I.e. squats and deads.
Doesn't leave me very much I can do!

Anyone got any insight into these 'fat burner' type products?

I'm in good nick, exercise 5 times a week but am struggling like fuck to ditch the last couple of pounds from my midriff to get that much coveted 'abs' look.

Ta

I'm in good nick, exercise 5 times a week but am struggling like fuck to ditch the last couple of pounds from my midriff to get that much coveted 'abs' look.

Ta
Throwing good money away IMO.

Just get stricter with the diet and introduce a couple more HIIT sessions at the end of,or between,your lift days.

Ta

Yes. Don’t buy any.

If you want to lose weight, burn more than calories than you consume. It’s that simple.

Maybe you could try tracking your calories via an app such as MyFitnessPal, and introduce either HIIT or some other form of cardio into your life..?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.