Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Throwing good money away IMO.

Just get stricter with the diet and introduce a couple more HIIT sessions at the end of,or between,your lift days.

Hi mate. Already doing all this kind of stuff tbh. Been at this game years so know a fair bit about it ie HIIT, Tabata, hill sessions, ‘military’type sessions etc etc. Currently on a 500 cal deficit per day. The fucker just will not shift and it’s doing my nut in.

Hi mate. Already doing all this kind of stuff tbh. Been at this game years so know a fair bit about it ie HIIT, Tabata, hill sessions, ‘military’type sessions etc etc. Currently on a 500 cal deficit per day. The fucker just will not shift and it’s doing my nut in.
How old are you? I'm nearly 46 and i'm probably in a similar condition then,about 8-10% BF?

Ive come to accept at this time of my life i'm gonna get stubborn areas,its simply a combo of a slower metabolism and Test on the decline.All i do is stay as strict as possible without living like a monk and making her indoors life a misery......and i train every other day.The only 'fat burner' i will use is a double espresso prior to lifting.

I bet you look better than you think.

How old are you? I'm nearly 46 and i'm probably in a similar condition then,about 8-10% BF?

Ive come to accept at this time of my life i'm gonna get stubborn areas,its simply a combo of a slower metabolism and Test on the decline.All i do is stay as strict as possible without living like a monk and making her indoors life a misery......and i train every other day.The only 'fat burner' i will use is a double espresso prior to lifting.

I bet you look better than you think.

I'm on a deficit diet at the mo, training 5x5 mon, weds, fri. I also go to the gym on a tuesday, for a mobility/HIIT session.

With that in mind, will an injection of caffeine make that much of a difference to proceedings? And also, for a coffee-phobe, what alternatives are there?

I'm on a deficit diet at the mo, training 5x5 mon, weds, fri. I also go to the gym on a tuesday, for a mobility/HIIT session.

With that in mind, will an injection of caffeine make that much of a difference to proceedings? And also, for a coffee-phobe, what alternatives are there?

For someone like yourself,who doesn't drink the stuff,then i reckon it would give you a decent boost yes.If its your 3rd or 4th of the day,then probably not.

An alternative could be a caffeine tablet or maybe try Matcha or Yerba tea.None of them will transform you but they may also make a small difference to your energy levels/fat burning efforts.

Also try training on protein and fat,save the carbs for PWO only.

There was this trick on the BBC "Truth about Carbs" program on Wednesday about sipping on a carb drink but not swallowing, and spitting it out, as it makes your brain think you getting carbs but you don't actually consume any, so burn extra calories. I don't know whether it really works for real people, but might be something to consider.

For someone like yourself,who doesn't drink the stuff,then i reckon it would give you a decent boost yes.If its your 3rd or 4th of the day,then probably not.

An alternative could be a caffeine tablet or maybe try Matcha or Yerba tea.None of them will transform you but they may also make a small difference to your energy levels/fat burning efforts.

Also try training on protein and fat,save the carbs for PWO only.

I must admit, with this being my first ever 'cut', I have noticed my strength drop off a cliff.

There was this trick on the BBC "Truth about Carbs" program on Wednesday about sipping on a carb drink but not swallowing, and spitting it out, as it makes your brain think you getting carbs but you don't actually consume any, so burn extra calories. I don't know whether it really works for real people, but might be something to consider.

Isn't that called bulimia?

Make sure u get plenty of water down you everyday alot of folk seem to neglect this when training

I must admit, with this being my first ever 'cut', I have noticed my strength drop off a cliff.

Isn't that called bulimia?

no, bulimia is eating a lot and then purging yourself. This is just tricking your brain because it expects carbs because your mouth receptors inform it that you've got the drink in your mouth, so it allows you to work harder (apparently) as it's banking on those carbs which you then spit out. So it's just a little trick to allow you to push harder in a workout without taking the calories on (apparently).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.