Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Are you on Instagram?

Check out Bradley Simmons, Phil Daru and Joe Wicks. All have loads of free videos ranging from high intensity cardio, weights incorporated and Phil Daru does loads of fun stuff for boxing and MMA.

You could also try the Kettle Bell (look online for second hand ones...or borrow one. You'll soon be weighting up hence why it's best to look to borrow or go 2nd hand).
Absolutely ace piece of kit to get you in shape...wish I'd discovered it more recently. The Turkish Get Up with a kettle bell is a good one to try too.
These guys do some very instructive videos (and youtube is a great resouce once you find someone you connect with) and here's their take on the Kettle Bell (they do one on the turkish get up too):

Other than that is it feasible for you to find a local small weight gym (those one in the A3 retail units you see everywhere now) and maybe have a couple of sesssions there before taking the knowledge back to your own gym/garage?

Like that Turkish get-up!

Went to the gym today for my weigh in. Did not go mad over Xmas and happy with my weight today which is 6 pounds less than I was this time last year.

Aim is another 6 pounds off at least this year. Swimming, 5 a side and park runs being the main aim.

Have to start looking after myself more and going to keep watching the diet.

Like that Turkish get-up!

You've got to be relaxed with yourself enough to do that in the gym...there's potential there to look like a royal twat. Ace move though....in fact the kettle bell and core/squat training seems to be very highly regarded these day (and can confirm 15-20 mins with a kettle bell is an amazing total work out).
I'm in the middle of a bout of flu (that's gone chesty, possibly due to my asthma). Been like this since Xmas Day (actually got worse since then). Can just about manage a brisk walk with the dog but it's really getting me down (was surfing on the chemical flushing from daily exercises and running over the past year). Mind and body shot and it's all rather depressing (genuinely, though other factors are involved).

Are you on Instagram?

Check out Bradley Simmons, Phil Daru and Joe Wicks. All have loads of free videos ranging from high intensity cardio, weights incorporated and Phil Daru does loads of fun stuff for boxing and MMA.
i wouldnt have clue what to do on Instagram mate :(

As I've got older, I've found the Xmas weight harder to shift.

Strength training is fine, but adjustment of the diet back to 'normal' wasn't shifting it, so I thought I'd dip my toes back into Insanity.

FUCK ME I AM SO UNFIT

As I've got older, I've found the Xmas weight harder to shift.

Strength training is fine, but adjustment of the diet back to 'normal' wasn't shifting it, so I thought I'd dip my toes back into Insanity.

FUCK ME I AM SO UNFIT

Same here. Put on 50% of the weight i shifted a few years back and after three failed attempts to kick myself into gear (due to successive colds and excuse making) I've gone back to Shaun T for a bit of motivation. What used to work for me was a pre breakfast workout, gave me something to 'protect' for the rest of the day, so back to the routine it is!

I don't ache yet, but I know by Thursday I'll be walking like a gunslinger.

I don’t know if this will help anyone but I used to be a big fat fuq. Managed to drop about 4 stone in half a year. I stole the idea of the “no Cs challenge” from my brothers work mate. Basically no Crisps, Chips, Cheese, Chocolate, Cake and Cola (sugar drinks). Also not being overly indulgent on the things I could have, dropping things that weren’t necessary for the meal and so on. I did the diet for two weeks and was 16 stone 4 (Didn’t have a set of scales when i started. Ha) two weeks later I was 15 stone 9. By the end i was 12 stone 5.
I wholeheartedly recommend it as you don’t even need to exercise for the results (although you probably should in general).

I restarted Insanity on Friday but I’ve been in pain ever since.

I must be extremely unfit as I cannot complete the warm-up now without taking a breather.

Whilst my BMI is quite low (I’m 6ft and weigh about 150lbs), I cannot stand being ‘skinny fat’ anymore. I think my body fat% is about 14 but ideally it will be under 12% if I manage to complete the Insanity program.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.