Bluemoon Fitness Thread

About 4 months in to crossfit. Me and the wife joined a crossfit gym to try something structured after doing stuff on and off with no real plan. Have to say, i fucking hate the workouts but they are doing the trick. Mobility is improving, strength is improving and body composition slowly getting better.

The classes are split in to 2 sections; strength and conditioning. I am really enjoying the strength portion and like the Olympic lifts. Then it's on to the workout which kills me but I'm getting better. I was usually one to do my own thing but motivation was an issue, by paying a monthly fee and being in a class environment it really drives me on to push to my limits. I'm enjoying it and I hit PR in all my big lifts last week :)

Are you still doing this?

Are you still doing this?
I stopped between sept and Jan. Have a shoulder issue that I’ve let rest up and it’s good now. Stared up again twice a week at the start of Jan. Easing back in to it, plan is 3x a week. My engine is non existent but I can still do most of the moves at a lighter weight. Surprised myself with a 345lb deadlift straight out the door.

I find it a great varied workout that leaves me in a pile of sweat.

I stopped between sept and Jan. Have a shoulder issue that I’ve let rest up and it’s good now. Stared up again twice a week at the start of Jan. Easing back in to it, plan is 3x a week. My engine is non existent but I can still do most of the moves at a lighter weight. Surprised myself with a 345lb deadlift straight out the door.

I find it a great varied workout that leaves me in a pile of sweat.

Did my first CrossFit session today. Back in on Friday. Sweated my bollocks off haha, hated and loved it.

Did my first CrossFit session today. Back in on Friday. Sweated my bollocks off haha, hated and loved it.
Hahaha i know exactly what you mean. I like the strength workout but when the countdown starts for the metcon portion I’m thinking “oh fuck”. When it finishes though you feel great. Well ten minutes after it finishes.

I restarted Insanity on Friday but I’ve been in pain ever since.

I must be extremely unfit as I cannot complete the warm-up now without taking a breather.

Whilst my BMI is quite low (I’m 6ft and weigh about 150lbs), I cannot stand being ‘skinny fat’ anymore. I think my body fat% is about 14 but ideally it will be under 12% if I manage to complete the Insanity program.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Insanity is brutal, especially if you are trying to get back into it "cold", so to speak.

Do some simpler HIIT sessions to get you legs stronger and your lungs expanding (Joe Wicks, the Bodycoach on Youtube is a good one), because jumping back in at the deep end, will likely end in injury.

I'm nearer 50 than 40, but of a similar weight and body style to you; I threw myself into a Kettlebell class, which was advanced to be fair and after 15 minutes my legs were shot.

But my stubbornness and the fact that I feel about 30, made me carry on and I tore my meniscus in my knee and haven't been able to do much since.

Be sensible and break yourself into it gently.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Insanity is brutal, especially if you are trying to get back into it "cold", so to speak.

Do some simpler HIIT sessions to get you legs stronger and your lungs expanding (Joe Wicks, the Bodycoach on Youtube is a good one), because jumping back in at the deep end, will likely end in injury.

I'm nearer 50 than 40, but of a similar weight and body style to you; I threw myself into a Kettlebell class, which was advanced to be fair and after 15 minutes my legs were shot.

But my stubbornness and the fact that I feel about 30, made me carry on and I tore my meniscus in my knee and haven't been able to do much since.

Be sensible and break yourself into it gently.
I do the Body coach stuff nearly every day,I’m 50, back and knees are shot, I find his 20 min HIITs great, some sessions can be a killer on the legs but manageable, I find these days anymore than 30 mins I struggle with my knee or back and I get bored.

I do the Body coach stuff nearly every day,I’m 50, back and knees are shot, I find his 20 min HIITs great, some sessions can be a killer on the legs but manageable, I find these days anymore than 30 mins I struggle with my knee or back and I get bored.

A cliché I know, but any exercise is better than none.

That 20 mins HIIT is probably equivalent to 60 mins or more, of low intensity exercise, so you should be proud of what you do. Exercise doesn't have to be prolonged for hours to be of benefit.

Fair play to Joe Wickes, he seems like a genuinely nice bloke. His videos range from basic to advanced, so it caters for everyone. A lot of people literally need telling step by step what they should be doing and he's cornered the market. Coupled with a healthy diet, the pounds will inevitably drop off, your metabolism will reignite and you feel a lot better.

I'm fortunate to have a cellar at home, so I go down there to do a bit away, from the family, rather than in the back room, where everyone can hear me grunting and groaning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.