Boateng to Bayern

MCFC Hud said:
i'm just going to put this out there but isn't half the problem that he wants to play centre back? Heres a crazy idea.. we give him an opportunity to play the position that he wants which happens to currently be occupied by lescott, a player that many on here still seem to be unsure of even though i myself think he's well worth keeping around, we've got a player who at 22 has played in a world cup for Germany so he's no mug, i'd like to see us hold on to him and give him a run at centre back, of course only if he wants to play for this club still, if he doesn't want too and his heart is set on bayern that's a different ball game all together...

not sure I have followed your logic here?

BringBackSwales said:
MCFC Hud said:
i'm just going to put this out there but isn't half the problem that he wants to play centre back? Heres a crazy idea.. we give him an opportunity to play the position that he wants which happens to currently be occupied by lescott, a player that many on here still seem to be unsure of even though i myself think he's well worth keeping around, we've got a player who at 22 has played in a world cup for Germany so he's no mug, i'd like to see us hold on to him and give him a run at centre back, of course only if he wants to play for this club still, if he doesn't want too and his heart is set on bayern that's a different ball game all together...

basically.. he wants to play centre back, we don't seem to want him to play centre back, just wondering why we don't give him a chance there that's all

MCFC Hud said:
BringBackSwales said:
MCFC Hud said:

basically.. he wants to play centre back, we don't seem to want him to play centre back, just wondering why we don't give him a chance there that's all

not sure that Mancini picks his side based on who wants to play where, I rather think he picks his team on who is playing better - and frankly Lescott did the business last season and Jerome did not, hence why put Boateng in for Lescott just cos Boateng wants to play there?

BringBackSwales said:
MCFC Hud said:
BringBackSwales said:

not sure that Mancini picks his side based on who wants to play where, I rather think he picks his team on who is playing better - and frankly Lescott did the business last season and Jerome did not, hence why put Boateng in for Lescott just cos Boateng wants to play there?

This exactly.

BringBackSwales said:
MCFC Hud said:
BringBackSwales said:

The idea is that City put out the strongest team possible & win not try to give players chances & lose. Boateng was struggling to adapt to the Premier League & defending set pieces in particular. Imo. if he had played as a centre back in the final, Stoke would have won the FA Cup as he was useless against any kind of aerial pressure when he did play.

He was also responsible for England's goal in the World Cup, where he failed to do his job & stood watching as Upson ran free to score. Exactly how he often defended for City.

bayern talked to the player without getting city's permission, shouldn't they be punished for this and where is fair play in that

Neville Kneville said:
BringBackSwales said:
MCFC Hud said:

The idea is that City put out the strongest team possible & win not try to give players chances & lose. Boateng was struggling to adapt to the Premier League & defending set pieces in particular. Imo. if he had played as a centre back in the final, Stoke would have won the FA Cup as he was useless against any kind of aerial pressure when he did play.

He was also responsible for England's goal in the World Cup, where he failed to do his job & stood watching as Upson ran free to score. Exactly how he often defended for City.
How exactly would Stoke have won? By scoring chances they didn't get?

-- Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:28 pm --

MCFC Hud said:
BringBackSwales said:
MCFC Hud said:

I don't think it has anything to do with playing Center back. I think CIty was a good destination for him coming from Hamburg, but Bayern is infinitely a better place in the long run. He gets to live in his country, play for the biggest club, and make as much money as he was making at the richest club abroad. Not to mention he gets a better shot at CD. There are no downsides or negatives for him. Hence why he wants out.

We should let him go, but get a very good fee for doing so. He is a good player and would do well here or there. But we can equally do well without him. So Bayern should pay up and this will be a wrap.

Nothing would make me happier for a young guy like Boateng to step up and own the position out of the gate, leaving no questions for what we should do when Kolo returns. He is a great player when he plays with confidence.

Dax777 said:
Neville Kneville said:
BringBackSwales said:

How exactly would Stoke have won? By scoring chances they didn't get?

-- Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:28 pm --

MCFC Hud said:
BringBackSwales said:

I don't think it has anything to do with playing Center back. I think CIty was a good destination for him coming from Hamburg, but Bayern is infinitely a better place in the long run. He gets to live in his country, play for the biggest club, and make as much money as he was making at the richest club abroad. Not to mention he gets a better shot at CD. There are no downsides or negatives for him. Hence why he wants out.

We should let him go, but get a very good fee for doing so. He is a good player and would do well here or there. But we can equally do well without him. So Bayern should pay up and this will be a wrap.

It's all bout playing CB. Bayern has both CB positions open and its a fight between 3 Players now, where Boateng would play the 1rst Role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.