Boateng to Bayern

Disappointing if true BUT I assume Bobby bought Boateng and Kolarov to be the main providers of width to the side and given the re-emergence of Micah Richards maybe Bobby sees him as his first choice right back now

Boateng has been the worst player at City this season by a country mile. Can't remember watching a player give the ball away so much, so consistently.

Not bothered if he goes.

Lekos said:
Boateng has been the worst player at City this season by a country mile. Can't remember watching a player give the ball away so much, so consistently.

Not bothered if he goes.

well thats him told then

Will be gutted if this is true. Boateng will become one of the best defenders, I am certain. Somehow I do not believe that this story is true at all though, why would we already sell him.... unless of course Boateng wants to leave because he did not settle.

BlueCityfan said:
Mad 4 It said:
The note about Coentrao was added in with news about Boateng from a representative from Bayern. They said they were originally interested but that is now over and they will look elsewhere for the leftback position. Bayern have said all comments made and suggested meeting between parties on 12th was false and utter rubbish.

Ok..good news. I still doubt we get him.

They are probably looking elsewhere because they demanded something like 20m+...

Not sure if we are going to offer that kind of sum for a defender with the FFP rules coming. We can't afford to overpay anymore.

I think 20m would do it. If we get 17m for Boateng then I think we could cope with another 3m to get Coentroa. You know what this might just play in our favour for once. Leftback has been our weakest position all season.

If we are seriously thinking of selling a guy who was bought for the future and who has hardly played after being with us not even a year, there must be some serious behind the scene issues. Unless of course he is being used as leverage.

Why would we get 17m for Boateng. I hate to say it but I doubt his price increased since he came here. He was out nearly the entire season with his injury. I agree with Sam, if we really sell him then I bet he asked to go back to Germany... would not surprise me too much, young lad, first time in a foreign country etc. probably did not settle in too well (maybe that's why you see all the fringe players in the FA Cup reaction videos but Boateng is one of the ones not present?).

I don't care if he goes. Selling him at a loss would be a joke, rather keep him in that case. But a profit would be great since we have plenty of CB.

We got Boateng for 10m...and we will get him for something like 10-15m.

Bayern want him badly + he is german international. So thats a bonus to have german players in germany.

He is also very young so despite his injury problems this season..we will get good money. Bayern can afford to pay and he is on a long-term contract. So they have to.

Bayern's general manager Nerlinger pretty much confirms that Boateng wants to join them. He says they now have to come to an agreement with City. He says the transfer fee has to be significantly lower than the 12M euros City paid for him.

Boateng stated a while back that the condition when he joined City was that he would be used as a centerback.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/552554/artikel_boateng-einigt-sich-mit-bayern.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bund ... ayern.html</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/fc-bayern/jerome-boateng-transfer-bayern-zielgeraden-tz-1246269.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 46269.html</a>

sorry for my English btw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.